Forums Welcome to the new forums! - Part 1 by MrDJSilva

MrDJSilva

Administrator
Administrator
Freedom! Member

Welcome to the new forums!

Hello Everyone! - Firstly, As you know our old forums were fairly outdated lacking some modern and security features. I'd like to welcome you to our new community forums that @LW001, @George and myself have been working on since mid-November of 2020, We have also kept some features such as the videos, streams and downloads (formally known as C.R.I.B) and added some new features like our light/dark modes which you can toggle between modes on the bottom left of the website!

We also have two other features that'd i am personally pretty excited to show you such as our events and servers listing, "Events" you can keep an eye on the latest community events that either administrators, moderators, staff members and the community team can hold along with an RSVP system to known who shall be attending the event. Next up we got our brand new "Servers' Listing where you can find all the official discord servers and game servers that we provide for the community!

- So keep your eyes on for some Community Events -
Servers Listing

So everyone enjoys the new forums and don't forget to thank @LW001 in also helping on rebuilding the forums and I'm sure he will be making a Welcome to the new forums! - Part 2?

Other Changes
Updated to XenForo 2.x - (The core software has been updated to the latest version)
Resource Manager - (RM was formally known as C.R.I.B but I've changed this to simplify this to just downloads)

Updated Plugins -
XenMedio - (Videos plugin has been updated and the old videos imported)
XenRio - (Stream plugin has been updated but old stream weren't able to be imported so submit a link to your streams via YouTube, Twitch and DLive)
Resource Manager - (RM was formally known as C.R.I.B but I've changed this to simplify this to just downloads)
XenPorta - (The home section has been updated with the latest version of XenPorta to give you a bunch of articles of our news and announcements sections)
Credits - (Our credits system has been updated and everyone should also have the balance from before we updated, some plugins may not work with the credits system as of right now)

New Plugins -
Staff Page - (Dropdown menu under "Members" list of all the Staff Members of the Community Forums from Admins, Mods, Community Team and Staff Members of Freedom! and MGN)
Server Listing - (Plugin will list official servers from us such as discord and game servers provided by us)
Syle Switch - (Easy switch between light and dark mode)
Nodes - (Cleans up the forums)
Separate Sticky and Normal Threads
Auto Merge Double Posts
Game Profiles - (Able to list your channels, Social Media and Gamer IDs in your profile)

More Upcoming Changes

Awaiting on Plugins -
Chat 2 - (We intend to bring chat back for the forums but we are having some issues with this right now)
Advanced Applications - (This will help to make forms easier for us)

Other Languages Forums
As you know the Other Languages Forums are not showing as of right now, we still need to go through the permissions properly since they were done at a user or forums level instead of a user groups permissions level and the other forums in different languages will be reopened within time.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Certainly some interesting changes, nice to see my profile banner finally works after god knowns how long xD. I like the new style, still on the fence with the features though, gonna take a little getting used to.

MrDJSilva

Administrator
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Certainly some interesting changes, nice to see my profile banner finally works after god knowns how long xD. I like the new style, still on the fence with the features though, gonna take a little getting used to.
Glad you like the changes and that your profile banner finally works! aye I'm glad it was a pain at some points to get it running xD aye some of the new features you will get use too as the old forums barely had any xD