Network Wish freedom had a copyright toll.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
I wish Freedom had a tool in place where I can make a copyright claim on my videos on someone else's channel and make money off that video and not just a copyright take down request.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Content ID is very restricted. Once your channel uses music from another (licensed or not) in just one video your whole channel's out. That's why it's mostly only given out to musicians and record labels. That aside, if you create original music you can submit it to Music Factory and they can claim with it. You can't claim video revenue without having access to CID.

Last edited:

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Content ID is very restricted. Once your channel uses music from another (licensed or not) in just one video your whole channel's out. That's why it's mostly only given out to musicians and record labels. That aside, of you create music you can submit it to Music Factory and they can claim with it. You can't claim video revenue without having access to CID.

I am not talking about music.

If someone took my video from my channel and uploaded it on there channel, I can't clam for copyright on the video to make money.

With my old network Fullscreen, there you was a tool where you can clam copyright on your video if that user has uploaded my video.[DOUBLEPOST=1518180557][/DOUBLEPOST]Talking a tool like this

Attachments

• 2018-02-09 12_46_53-Fullscreen Creator Platform.png
    2018-02-09 12_46_53-Fullscreen Creator Platform.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 2018-02-09 12_47_15-Fullscreen Creator Platform.png
    2018-02-09 12_47_15-Fullscreen Creator Platform.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 5

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Think this would definitely be a good idea especially if Freedom couples this with its Content ID trained staff. Might be worth mentioning that as well @Koala_Steamed as I might not be able to attend our meeting :(

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Think this would definitely be a good idea especially if Freedom couples this with its Content ID trained staff. Might be worth mentioning that as well @Koala_Steamed as I might not be able to attend our meeting :(

I like the idea to the new Freedom content id tool, but what don't like this tool will not be available to all freedom members. With the tool, freedom get picks who can use the tool. (where the freedom in that?) With the Fullscreen content id tool, it was available too all and not a select few.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I like the idea to the new Freedom content id tool, but what don't like this tool will not be available to all freedom members. With the tool, freedom get picks who can use the tool. (where the freedom in that?) With the Fullscreen content id tool, it was available too all and not a select few.
Well you never know Freedom may make the content tool (if they make one) available to all, I was just thinking that the content ID trained staff could also help test the tool as they would be looking out for and helping with content ID