Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hello Freedom! forum people and hopefully Developers.

It'd be amazing to see developers adding Two factor authentication to protect Dashboard accounts. It wouldn't take long to set up and really help security of some accounts. Currently my Discord account is more secure than my Freedom! Dashboard which actually has money on it...

If you don't know what Two factor authentication is, let me explain:
Usually your accounts are this secure:

E-mail (public) - Password (private)

Basically if someone guesses your password, they have access to your account and can do anything with it.

This is where 2FA steps in:
It adds an extra level of security so only you can access it with an app on your phone (Google authenticator or Authy), making your safety look like this:

E-mail (public) - Password (private, but guessable 80% of times) - A 4-digit code generated by your phone

And here it is: Anyone knows your E-mail if they know where to look for it, anyone can guess your password if they try hard enough but that code. That code requires your phone with an app installed to give out access.

Freedom!. If you care about the safety of your users, add this as a voluntary feature and make people aware of it. It already exists on the forums, make it happen on the Dashboard. If you have further questions, reply.

ytlazzog

Freedom! Member
Oct 31, 2016
Belgium
YouTube
La_Flemm
Good idea (y) (Y)
But you also can change your password every month with numbers, small and big letters, special characters...
Also, don't use the same pass on others websites ;)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I think 2 stage verification would be a nice addition to the Freedom dashboard, and could be a voluntary thing if people did not want to use it.
It would be voluntary anyways, though it would have to be actually drawn to people's attention.
Good idea (y) (Y)
But you also can change your password every month with numbers, small and big letters, special characters...
Also, don't use the same pass on others websites ;)
Still 2FA is something you don't have to remember and don't need to do much each month xd