YouTube A good explanation of a possible reason of the 4K-1K rule

Vigilant

Aug 24, 2017
YouTube
TheVigilantYT
Thanks for the video share, I thought the video was exceptional!

They bring up a very good point, and something we all miss when we hear this is:

It allows us creators who actually try to create content make more money in the long run. Now our CPM is higher and more ads are shown because they aren't always being wasted on somebody who is spamming random videos and using viewbots to make money. There is more money for the creators still going because they won't have to pay $0.30 to someone who quit a long time ago, and that adds up. My old YouTube channel was still making a tiny bit of revenue over the past few years from the tiny views it was getting and now that money is actually going to people still trying, they can make more, and advertisers will feel better that their ads are being put to better use.

Reactions: Gamerholic Channel

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Thanks for the video share, I thought the video was exceptional!

They bring up a very good point, and something we all miss when we hear this is:

It allows us creators who actually try to create content make more money in the long run. Now our CPM is higher and more ads are shown because they aren't always being wasted on somebody who is spamming random videos and using viewbots to make money. There is more money for the creators still going because they won't have to pay $0.30 to someone who quit a long time ago, and that adds up. My old YouTube channel was still making a tiny bit of revenue over the past few years from the tiny views it was getting and now that money is actually going to people still trying, they can make more, and advertisers will feel better that their ads are being put to better use.

Well said :D, I too have old channels doing this, I don't mind them losing revenue as I don't work on them. I can only imagine how many more inactive creator channels there are that fit that definition.​

Reactions: Vigilant

Myron Knight

Rising User
Oct 23, 2014
alabama
YouTube
ok i understand that but i dont wont to lose freedom as well i love freedom and giving me more options to grow without them i wouldnt be here or have my 195 subs

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
You bring up some good points. I'm still not really sure how much this will affect my channel. I really wanted to join a network ASAP to try and get at least that tiny bit of extra support, however now I have to wait until I get 800 subscribers and 3,900 more hours of watch time. Seeing how I only have 220 subscribers after 4 years I dread to think how long it will take me to get to 1,000 subscribers. With the previous rule, at least it would have taken me a lot less time to join a network, yet I am still a huge 400 views away from 10,000 (yes I sadly only have 9,600 views after 4 years) so there is no way I'll get that much before the 20th.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Another reason YouTube did this is because people are stealing content from other creators to make money off of content that isn't theirs.
I've had that happen to me a couple times of people stealing some of my videos to put on their channel to make revenue from not their work.
I'm glad YouTube is doing this. It will benefit YouTubers in the end.