Are Intro's really necessary with youtube now?

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
I have an intro but just wondering if it is even necessary to have. I just feel like viewers will click away if they gotta sit through ads first then have to sit another 10 seconds of intro.

Last edited:

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
nah i dont really see the point in most intros, most of them are just an overused template with dubstep in the background. like, people already know what channel you're on, you don't need your name there again

Reactions: Real Phukin G's

Aaron35

Freedom! Member
Dec 2, 2015
England
YouTube
Have you ever seen OfficialNerdCubed's intro? It's just a simple pan of his logo which I think it awesome. I hate those intros that use dubstep music and last for ******* ages.

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
Have you ever seen OfficialNerdCubed's intro? It's just a simple pan of his logo which I think it awesome. I hate those intros that use dubstep music and last for ******* ages.
Lol just watched it i like it but then again if i were to watch multiple vids of his then id probably start getting tired real quick of that intro.

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
Its best to just not use one even if this is a community gaming channel then?
if its unoriginal then there's no point. yet if you were posting to a community channel then i would recommend having an intro on the video

sp77764

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2014
YouTube
personally, I don't. I did use an intro when I first started but removed it as it took up to much time. however short intro's like nerdcubed's intro, for example, are ok

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I have an intro but just wondering if it is even necessary to have. I just feel like viewers will click away if they gotta sit through ads first then have to sit another 10 seconds of intro.
10 second word intros are way too common now. If it stands out, and makes people remember you, I'd have an intro. Shorter works better. It can hurt you more if you have an uninteresting introduction. If you waste a person's time, they might not return again for a long time.

DKGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 13, 2016
YouTube
I used to use one of those 10 second intros you can get for free, like the blender ones. But i recently just made my own, its much shorter and i feel as if its much cleaner as well :)

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
It's not necessary, I mean I would recommend not use any common intros that a lot of people use with showing your name and a song. It really depends, there are a few exceptions, uniqueness plays a big part in it.
It can be an intro to a specific series or game that shows the viewer moments of the game and after the title of the game to make the viewer pumped to watch it, especially if it's a story driven game, and as long as it's connected to only the game and not your whole channel. But, it has to be done well.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
I would say that Intros can be very useful if they are short and concise. They do help your audience have a sense of comfort and community. If your fan base becomes used to your intro and the song, they will generally always equate it. I would say ten seconds or less - it doesn't have to be flashy - just something that you know. Most bigger youtubers use it because it reinforces brand as well. Look at Nostalgia Critic for instance - I can't hear that song with out doing it.

I would suggest doing a teaser (So what you're doing the video about BE ENGAGING) , then the intro, then the rest of your video. You have to use it impactfully. Bigger Youtubers, Channels, and Movies all do it.. and for a reason - if its impactful.. If its consistent.. People begin to rely on it - even miss the intro when you don't use it.

Real Phukin G's

Mar 2, 2016
Ya Momma's House
YouTube
I would say that Intros can be very useful if they are short and concise. They do help your audience have a sense of comfort and community. If your fan base becomes used to your intro and the song, they will generally always equate it. I would say ten seconds or less - it doesn't have to be flashy - just something that you know. Most bigger youtubers use it because it reinforces brand as well. Look at Nostalgia Critic for instance - I can't hear that song with out doing it.

I would suggest doing a teaser (So what you're doing the video about BE ENGAGING) , then the intro, then the rest of your video. You have to use it impactfully. Bigger Youtubers, Channels, and Movies all do it.. and for a reason - if its impactful.. If its consistent.. People begin to rely on it - even miss the intro when you don't use it.
I like that Idea thats probably what im gonna end up doing if its in the beginning its going to be no longer than 5 seconds.