Request Be critical

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
My channel has now been live for just over 5 weeks.

The channel views are relatively low, the highest being 85 and my subs have stopped at 7. I have been promoting the channel with out being spammy, don't comment spam or take part in sub for sub and nothing seems to be improving my engagement or subs.

So I have begun to question wether the content I have created is worth watching or if I should change up the format.

To the point of this thread, Is my content any good and how would you improve my channel?

*I wasn't sure where to post this thread if it is not in the right place feel free to move/delete

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Hey, So I'll give you what I got..

• I come to your channel, and you have an 'what is' video. Great.. That's a good idea.. but I can't understand what you said at the beginning, not because of your accent - the music is to loud. You need to redo the footage before the logo (Which I know is a pain) - but I was immediately turned off by not being able to hear.

• Other videos are similar, just something about the audio makes it hard to hear you.

• Do a call to action at the beginning..either in text or you saying it. I've found that does increase the amount of folks that comment, rate, and subscribe.

• The only other thing is perhaps cohesion - your videos seem random one to the other - so you can't nail down an audience.

• You also only have 4 or 5 videos. This is a marathon, not a race. Do it because you love it, and do it consistently - one to two videos a week, minimum (do more if you can).

Hope this helps.

-James, Hitstart Network

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Hey, So I'll give you what I got..

• I come to your channel, and you have an 'what is' video. Great.. That's a good idea.. but I can't understand what you said at the beginning, not because of your accent - the music is to loud. You need to redo the footage before the logo (Which I know is a pain) - but I was immediately turned off by not being able to hear.

• Other videos are similar, just something about the audio makes it hard to hear you.

• Do a call to action at the beginning..either in text or you saying it. I've found that does increase the amount of folks that comment, rate, and subscribe.

• The only other thing is perhaps cohesion - your videos seem random one to the other - so you can't nail down an audience.

• You also only have 4 or 5 videos. This is a marathon, not a race. Do it because you love it, and do it consistently - one to two videos a week, minimum (do more if you can).

Hope this helps.

-James, Hitstart Network

Hi James,

Thanks for the advice, I am editing this weeks video and I will make the audio changes on this video and then I can run a comparison. By call to action do you mean ask for subs?

I agree with you I haven't nailed down my audience at the moment I create videos I want to do and some that I believe will be popular there is no consistency there.

It is a marathon, I just want to get it right sooner rather than later. With work commitments I can only manage one video a week.

Thanks again it is much appreciated.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Yea, so at the beginning (or at some point) "Hey guys, Thanks for watching.. Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe'.. something like that.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
My channel has now been live for just over 5 weeks.

The channel views are relatively low, the highest being 85 and my subs have stopped at 7. I have been promoting the channel with out being spammy, don't comment spam or take part in sub for sub and nothing seems to be improving my engagement or subs.

So I have begun to question wether the content I have created is worth watching or if I should change up the format.

To the point of this thread, Is my content any good and how would you improve my channel?

*I wasn't sure where to post this thread if it is not in the right place feel free to move/delete
Well, how do you market your videos? What are you trying to accomplish by posting them? People come to watch videos for a lot of reasons, but you need to get yourself out there more. To make thought-provoking titles, thumbnails that attract people, and tags that get others to come to your videos ^^

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Well, how do you market your videos? What are you trying to accomplish by posting them? People come to watch videos for a lot of reasons, but you need to get yourself out there more. To make thought-provoking titles, thumbnails that attract people, and tags that get others to come to your videos ^^

Hi Mat,

I post the links on instagram and twitter, on both channels I try to be active in the right communities as well posting on Reddit and Google plus. What I have found is that I gain little engagement through most social media channels even if I try to initiate the conversation.

I would like to have an engaged audience, not so bothered about having millions of followers.

Thumbnails is one thing I have been working on trying out having a still with a blue section on it that features the title. Do you think that is better than just having the still with text over the top?

Thanks for the advice.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi Mat,

I post the links on instagram and twitter, on both channels I try to be active in the right communities as well posting on Reddit and Google plus. What I have found is that I gain little engagement through most social media channels even if I try to initiate the conversation.

I would like to have an engaged audience, not so bothered about having millions of followers.

Thumbnails is one thing I have been working on trying out having a still with a blue section on it that features the title. Do you think that is better than just having the still with text over the top?

Thanks for the advice.
Instagram seems to have quite the market, a lot of people have talked about utilizing it lately. How to do you reach out to people on twitter? Everyone would love an engaged audience, life goes a lot easier when we have viewers responding to us ^^ Your smoothie channel thumbnail is your best one, and it doesn't take as much effort to product. That one is better, than having just the text.

Reactions: Jac Morton