Best Camera?

Megz & Lo

Rising User
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
Hi guys!
I was wondering if anyone has an recommendations for a good quality camera. We don't want anything too expensive ($1,000+) but we understand you have to pay for quality. We make short comedy videos where it is important that the picture quality is good, we are just looking for something that is better than what we have (which isn't that great). If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on brands or a camera in particular that would really help us out! Thanks!

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
Hey ^-^

Well I'm not an expert in cameras but I'm sure there are a lot of differents camera for differents utilisations .__.

Can you tell us more about what how long you will use it? Like do you think you will need to record more than 2hours in one shot, stuff like that. ^-^

I've heard that the canon g7x is very good but the battery is not that good :/

Reactions: Megz & Lo

Megz & Lo

Rising User
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
The most we will do is about 10-15 minutes in one shot. We're not looking for a webcam, because Megz will hold the camera and film, zoom in and out for a shot, or walk around with it to film. We'll usually film for about 1-2 hours (not straight, different shots)

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
The Canon T6s is a solid sub $1000 (USD) camera, it can last you for years to come. With DSLR's your lenses will often matter a whole lot more than your camera body but with the T6s there will be no bottlenecks.

If you're running on a smaller budget and want to invest in Sony's E-mount lenses then you can go for something like the Sony A6000. There are plenty more cameras that are great and sub $1000 but if you're looking at interchangeable lens cameras (usually ideal), just try to invest in a company that you'll be following in the future. :)

Reactions: Megz & Lo

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
The most we will do is about 10-15 minutes in one shot. We're not looking for a webcam, because Megz will hold the camera and film, zoom in and out for a shot, or walk around with it to film. We'll usually film for about 1-2 hours (not straight, different shots)

Okay so I think a digital camera will be perfect and not expensive ^-^ you can find VEEEEEERY good ones for something like 500$