Botting and Sub4Subs?

Traf Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
This is something i was thinking about for a long time now. As i recall its against youtubes tos to sub bot and view bot etc. and can get you terminated correct?
if thats the case what would happen if someone started botting my channel?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
This is something i was thinking about for a long time now. As i recall its against youtubes tos to sub bot and view bot etc. and can get you terminated correct?
if thats the case what would happen if someone started botting my channel?
You are right that both sub bot / sub4sub is against YouTubes terms of service and can get you terminated / revenue removed. It's really difficult to say what would happen as things are taken on a case by case basis - is someone started to sub bot your channel for example, YouTube might realise this and do one of their wide sub purges removing these. As for the case of sub4sub these are quite rare without your participation - normally they require you to engage in with a community or agree to it so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

As for view botting (which is another thing going round at the minute) this is where is gets a bit complicated - as YouTube can analyse your channel / video views and works out roughly how many views you can expect in a certain timeframe based on previous videos. However if a video goes viral / gets a lot of views very quickly then this might trigger YouTube to look into this - typically they won't do anything to your account without notifying you first or without a good reason.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Trust me its not a path you want to consider, what will end up happening is that you will gain dead views and subs. So even though it may look better at first because you grow a little you will actually not gain anything out of it because these subs will never return as they are fake. For the risk of getting banned from youtube for somthing this pointless is a dumb move. What has to be understood is that there are no quick ways to succeed, you have to rely on your hard work and good content to do the job for you. There are ao many people that try sub 4 sub on youtube and what you will notice after a while is that the same people keep asking and asking for.it because thats all their channels become about, they lose the ability to grow for real and then become too reliant on begging. Its ok to ask people to come check you out but never anything more, if they like you then great. Just keep working hard and you wont regret it, it feels so rewarding to see your channel grow through work.

Reactions: zeke morgan

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Trust me its not a path you want to consider, what will end up happening is that you will gain dead views and subs. So even though it may look better at first because you grow a little you will actually not gain anything out of it because these subs will never return as they are fake. For the risk of getting banned from youtube for somthing this pointless is a dumb move. What has to be understood is that there are no quick ways to succeed, you have to rely on your hard work and good content to do the job for you. There are ao many people that try sub 4 sub on youtube and what you will notice after a while is that the same people keep asking and asking for.it because thats all their channels become about, they lose the ability to grow for real and then become too reliant on begging. Its ok to ask people to come check you out but never anything more, if they like you then great. Just keep working hard and you wont regret it, it feels so rewarding to see your channel grow through work.
Exactly, best way of outlining the situation there

Traf Plays

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
thanks for your words guys, but youre missing the point. i am not sub botting /sub4sub, neither do i plan to. im curious of what will happen if someone does it to me, how would it affect me @zeke morgan @MSHAY Gaming

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
thanks for your words guys, but youre missing the point. i am not sub botting /sub4sub, neither do i plan to. im curious of what will happen if someone does it to me, how would it affect me @zeke morgan @MSHAY Gaming
I know your doing it or plan to. Sorry if I got a bit distracted I just really hate and don't see the practise. So in regards to subs botting most of the time YouTube can remove these and everythings fine, unless they can trace that you yourself are doing it / behind it then your in trouble and will more than likely get a ban / termination. And view botting I mentioned in my #5 post :) though again everything taken on a case basis, what happens to one user may not always be the way it is done to others

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
They will most likely get banned from youtube and there could possibly be somthing worse i cant really say for sure. Either way it wont be good lol. I wasnt acusing you though i was just pointing out as a general point.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User

YouTube can check where the subs are coming from as well as the IPs/devices of those that are requesting them. They probably have dummy sites set up that look like they are selling subs/views. I have heard of channels that were targeted by others and maliciously view botted in an attempt to terminate the channel.

If you ever believe that this is happening to you, you can fill out a forum to say you think someone is view botting your channel and YouTube will look into it.