AmblerA

Freedom! Member
May 3, 2015
YouTube

Please Help me with this issue, I am wanting to play and record ps4 games through my Elgato, but I'm not sure if I need one monitor for the PS4 and one for the Elgato / PC?

Kind regards
AmblerA

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube

Please Help me with this issue, I am wanting to play and record ps4 games through my Elgato, but I'm not sure if I need one monitor for the PS4 and one for the Elgato / PC?

Kind regards
AmblerA
realistically yes, when I recorded the ps4 footage onto the elgato I used the ps4 on the tv monitor and put the elgato through the tv and connected to my mac system, this makes things a lot easier for one. Feel welcome to check my division videos on my channel for an example of the quality from doing this.

AmblerA

Freedom! Member
May 3, 2015
YouTube
Thanks guys, I think I understand what you mean, what I've been trying to do is, I've connected my ps4 and my PC to one monitor then I've opened the Elgato software on my PC. I'm trying to play the PS4 through that, but it is insanely slow, I'm guessing that if I connect my PS4 to another monitor and play it through that while my PC is recording it through my main monitor, then it will work?

AmblerA

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Thanks guys, I think I understand what you mean, what I've been trying to do is, I've connected my ps4 and my PC to one monitor then I've opened the Elgato software on my PC. I'm trying to play the PS4 through that, but it is insanely slow, I'm guessing that if I connect my PS4 to another monitor and play it through that while my PC is recording it through my main monitor, then it will work?

AmblerA
I got away with connecting the elgato to the tv and then through to my computer (so tv and separate monitor) so all my elgato setup was on the pc and my gameplay was just straight off the tv, never had any issues with speed tbh. However there may be a slight delay if your watching the playback on the elgato aswell as recording, this shouldn't effect your recording so best turn this feature off. I suggest doing a small 2-3 min video just to test the audio and video sync.

AmblerA

Freedom! Member
May 3, 2015
YouTube
I got away with connecting the elgato to the tv and then through to my computer (so tv and separate monitor) so all my elgato setup was on the pc and my gameplay was just straight off the tv, never had any issues with speed tbh. However there may be a slight delay if your watching the playback on the elgato aswell as recording, this shouldn't effect your recording so best turn this feature off. I suggest doing a small 2-3 min video just to test the audio and video sync.
Brilliant! Thanks mate! I have subscribed to your channel:)

AmblerA

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming