Everything you need for a New YouTube Channel under $100

WoahDusty

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys, it's triggered feminist WoahDusty here with some more tips for your channel. Today, I will be telling you how to get all the equipment you need for under $100!

1. An HD Webcam.
The one that I use is a Logitech c920 HD Webcam.
The camera can record at 1080p At 30 FPS and 720p At 60 FPS.
Priced at $68.
(I want to place the link here but i don't have 5 Messages right now. Just search it on Amazon.)

2. A Microphone.
Pretty much anything that is over $25

3. Light-up Keyboard+Mouse
The "Rii RM400 LED Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Combo Bundle"
It is only $29.75 on Amazon.
It has a rainbow back-lit Keyboard, plus a light-up mouse.

That's pretty much it guys, If you liked this post, drop a like and suggest what I should make tips about next.

Sincerely,
WoahDusty
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
You don't NEED those things. The light up keyboard and mouse are unneeded. You can us your average keyboard and mouse. You don't need a proper microphone unless you don't have a good headset that has a microphone with it. but you do need a webcam unless your not going to show your face.

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
If you only have $100 to spend.
Mouse and keyboard not really needed people can make do with what they have already have as most video`s don`t show there mouse and keyboard money would be better spent elsewhere.

If your going to film your face in the video I would spend that budget on a good webcam.
Voice and microphone if you have a good headset all you need with a little editing free software audacity.
If you don`t plan on filming your face and don`t have a good headset spent it on that or buy a good mic.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey guys, it's triggered feminist WoahDusty here with some more tips for your channel. Today, I will be telling you how to get all the equipment you need for under $100!

1. An HD Webcam.
The one that I use is a Logitech c920 HD Webcam.
The camera can record at 1080p At 30 FPS and 720p At 60 FPS.
Priced at $68.
(I want to place the link here but i don't have 5 Messages right now. Just search it on Amazon.)

2. A Microphone.
Pretty much anything that is over $25

3. Light-up Keyboard+Mouse
The "Rii RM400 LED Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Combo Bundle"
It is only $29.75 on Amazon.
It has a rainbow back-lit Keyboard, plus a light-up mouse.

That's pretty much it guys, If you liked this post, drop a like and suggest what I should make tips about next.

Sincerely,
WoahDusty
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microphones should be considered over a lot of other equipment. While it is important to invest in gear, I feel that a microphone is the most essential aside from having a voice ^^

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would have to agree with with the above commentators, that certain things in the list aren't necessarily needed in order to start a new Youtube channel. The main thing I would say is needed is the microphone, as that would help any Youtuber, be that gaming, vlogs, tutorial basically anything whereby they need something to record their voice. As for the webcam and light up keyboard and mouse, these aren't necessarily essential but could help depending on what the Youtube channel and personal requirements were.

Inspire GFX

Respected User
Freedom! Member
so a few thoughts:

Back when I did lets play keyboard and mice shouldn't be considered a necessity. I used a cheap old keyboard and mouse that I had for ages and it worked just fine :) Every penny counts!

Microphones should always be top priority with Youtube Videos! Mic and video quality is what makes your video. (along with your personality)

personally I never did a facecam so I can't say much for that

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you want to get serious about making content, setting a budget is not something you want to do. Save money and get what you need at the earliest convenience. I did that with my setup, spent over $3,000 custom building my PC, and $1,000 on the vlogging rig.

Even better: record HD video with your phone, I use a pair of Apple EarPods plugged into my Android phone to record, costs 0$ as I already have these. If you don't already have a keyboard or a mouse, it would be difficult to do anything on the computer. So far spent 0$.

Inspire GFX

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Even better: record HD video with your phone, I use a pair of Apple EarPods plugged into my Android phone to record, costs 0$ as I already have these. If you don't already have a keyboard or a mouse, it would be difficult to do anything on the computer. So far spent 0$.
Yes but thats not really the best quality. Especially if you are a Youtube Gamer. People wont watch if we recorded our screens with a phone :p

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Oh, I meant HD video with phone as a webcam, not screen recorder lol. Get an Elgato for that
My bud started his old channel and his first video was a game video recorded on his phone exactly as the other guy thought. It was cringy but also his first attempt at any YouTube video ever.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Some good tips, I think the equipment needed can depend quite a lot on the type of channel though. If you are doing a documentary you are going to need a really good camera, or if you are just a gaming channel you can probably do without a camera altogether. I've managed with spending $0 so far and managed to do pretty much everything I've wanted with the resources I already have.