Status
Not open for further replies.

AsapGamer

GameByteTV Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Zealand
YouTube
he's claiming the song islly nt owned by me or i dont have the rights, i talked with the owner as you could consider us "friends" well not really but we do conversate. i talked to him about this "false" claimant and hes heard nothing about him and he has not partnered with him or anything so i went on to google search "[merlin] CDLTD" and it came up with tons of people claiming that this guy s false, i went and told the owner and he told me to go to my partnership so here i am what should i do next? ive disputed the claim and it was instantly rejected, and going through the second process at the moment. i dont have any signed lience just a message saying "sure thing you can use it just give credit"

AsapGamer

GameByteTV Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Zealand
YouTube
even when appealed its rejected straight away because when it appealed it sent straight to the fake claimant who can just reject it straight away

Upvote 0

kensta fps games

Rising User
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube
phone youtube ? go to the bottom of the page and click help or contact us they will phone u back ... ino there support is crap but hey it takes them less than 1 min to callback and ifthey jus end up sending u a pointless email directing u back to the page u came from u tried..

Upvote 0

Mike Venezia

Freedom! Talent Agent
Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2014
Syracuse, NY
YouTube
I have the same thing for 12 of my videos, for a song I used that was listed with Freedom. It has not effected my channel and there are no strikes against it. YouTube is having problems with false claims, their stance right now is to ignore all requests. So I have ignored the claims for now, I will probably un-monetize and remove the effected videos soon. There is nothing anyone can do, YouTube is dropping the ball on this. If you fight, you'll get strikes. Just remove the videos or re-upload them with the song removed. That's all we can do for now. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Fiaura The Tank Girl

Rising User
Jan 29, 2016
YouTube
Suggestion for your Music:
Upload a video of nothing with just the music in it.
If it gets a copyright claim, you know you cannot use it.
Simply put this is what you should do every time you wanna use a new song, upload a private video, see the result, if the result comes back with a copyright, you know you cannot use that song.

This is what I do with all my music to avoid any claims.

Upvote 0

AsapGamer

GameByteTV Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Zealand
YouTube
I have written permission from the song artist and i have sent this to the false claimant, I have had the video up for just under a year {febuary 19th 2015} before it was manually claimed a couple days ago. it is one of my most favourite videos i have made and has one of the most view counts of all my videos with over 4k views. i have a close youtubing buddy who has used the song in a video of his which has not been claimed

as i have said i have written permission straight from the owner of the song

Upvote 0

AsapGamer

GameByteTV Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Zealand
YouTube
ill just like to report that i used a lience that i got from the owner of the song and re-appealed for what seemed like the last time i could appeal until my video was either removed or let off. its been 3 days since i did this and no activity which is weird since all previous attempts were denied straight away

Upvote 0

AsapGamer

GameByteTV Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Zealand
YouTube
My Claim was never released, it took till the final dispute where i was able to appeal the case with a licence, it has been 5 days since i received a reply which is the longest it has been. im pretty sure that the way to fix the problem is to keep disputing until you reach the final dispute where you can appeal and add the required permissions weather that be through a file or a website stating it. i want everyone who is facing the same problem to read this as i know there is alot of people in this situation and i would like them to get the help they need and require. will update if anymore information comes to hand

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.