Not open for further replies.

Fluffy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2014
California
YouTube
FluffysGames
I've run into (yet another) copyright issue, this time with a potential upcoming project I am working on.

The footage and audio used in my video is a direct recording from me playing the game "Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars." I did not use footage or audio from any other source. Despite that, I have a claim from another YT channel.

I had never even heard of the claimant's channel prior to this incident. After inspecting the claimant's channel, it appears to be a Let's Play channel, and they have similar gameplay footage on their channel. I believe there is a conflict with the claimant’s channel believing it “owns” the source footage, and any other channel/video using similar footage is stealing their content. I believe this is the case, because the approximate timeframe claimed (0:27-0:58) actually contains a cutscene/pre-mission briefing.

How exactly do I go about disputing this? I considered attempting to contact the claimant directly (they have their email listed for business inquiries), but noticed their channel's About page is written in...I think German. I don't speak any language outside of English, so I'm sure communication might be difficult.

The claimant's channel, for reference: https://www.youtube.com/user/EurobassGames/about

Find attached screenshots of the claim & details below:

sc1.png sc2.png

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
The best bet would be to contact them, I know its not ideal but maybe try using Google translate or asking on the forums for a German speaker to help. Other than that you could potentially file a dispute and outline that the other channel doesn't hold the copyright to the material / your use of it falls under fair use if applicable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.