Favorite Indie Game(s)?

jd22292

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2016
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
YouTube
With PAX East looming next week, I'm really hyped to see what's new in gaming, and one of the many booths I look at are booths from independent developers, especially the Megabooth they have every year.

If you were to ask me the very same question in the title, my favorite title from an independent developer is... actually, if it's alright, I'll share my Top 3 instead:

3. Ultimate Chicken Horse
2. The Witness
1. Undertale

Even though I put no hours into Ultimate Chicken Horse because I have no one to play it with, the gameplay from what I saw looked incredible. When I find the right group, I can't wait to ruin my friendship before it even starts. :)

The Witness is a spiritual successor to the Myst series in that its a puzzle-based adventure game. Why I like this game is because I've been addicted to puzzle adventures since Myst was even a thing. The first puzzle adventure game I touched was Myst's sequel: Riven. Since then, I've been looking online for solutions and slowly but surely understanding why the solutions make sense for that particular aspect of the game. Although there was a section of The Witness (there is a video on my channel that shows this) where I got stuck and I had to look up answers to progress through the game. To this day, I cannot understand how those solutions make sense.

And then Undertale #1? Well, when I was young, I was introduced to Pokemon, and the idea of an RPG with turn-based fighting. This game completely changed my perspective on the turn-based system and gave me a unique way of looking at it. The choice was either to take a killing direction or let everyone live. I'm currently focusing on the latter for my playthrough.

With my long discussion out of the way, I now want to ask you: what are your favorite indie games and why?

xCasket

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
some of my favorite independent games are The Binding of Isaac and before they got bought, Minecraft.