Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Hi Guys,

So my channel is steady away, I'm posting video 4 this Thursday and shooting some more this weekend and are in talks about 2 collabs. Which I am pretty pleased about.

But to boost subs and views I was thinking about doing "giveaway" videos on a Monday where I promote a competition or something similar.

So what I want to know is;

1) is this a smart move?
2) Can I team up with a competition brand?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

J.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
1) Not particularly. UNLESS you're looking for people to sub and interact with your channel ONLY when you do giveaways, otherwise, you're not going to get quality followers. Especially since you're new and you're only posting your 4th video. I would wait and make it a milestone giveaway. Like your 50th video or something big like that. Be patient and just wait for your subscriber base to grow bigger.

2) What do you mean competition brand?

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
1) Not particularly. UNLESS you're looking for people to sub and interact with your channel ONLY when you do giveaways, otherwise, you're not going to get quality followers. Especially since you're new and you're only posting your 4th video. I would wait and make it a milestone giveaway. Like your 50th video or something big like that. Be patient and just wait for your subscriber base to grow bigger.

2) What do you mean competition brand?

Your first point makes a lot of sense, I am hoping to have engaged followers for the content I create. The giveaways would be a side thing that would generate a small amount of revenue to buy new kit and pay for the stuff that happens in the regular content. But I can see it would detract from what the channel is about.

What I mean by brands is like competition websites, a company who just do giveaways to get capture data.

Cheers

J.

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Hi Guys,

So my channel is steady away, I'm posting video 4 this Thursday and shooting some more this weekend and are in talks about 2 collabs. Which I am pretty pleased about.

But to boost subs and views I was thinking about doing "giveaway" videos on a Monday where I promote a competition or something similar.

So what I want to know is;

1) is this a smart move?
2) Can I team up with a competition brand?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

J.
Giveaways are a great way to bring people to your channel, sure some may only want the giveaway but also some will love the content and stay afterwards.

Collaborations, I don't know nothing about that honest lol. Hope this helped

Reactions: Jac Morton

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Giveaways are a great way to bring people to your channel, sure some may only want the giveaway but also some will love the content and stay afterwards.

Cheers, do you know of any sites I can team up with to do give aways?