Offering HONEST Reviews

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay
Want a review that is brutally honest and not just "Your Channel Is Good"? I will tell you exactly WHAT IS WRONG with your channel and what needs to be changed and link you to helpful people/articles to improve your youtube channel. Give me a link to your channel below and I will tell you what to be fixed.

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay

Gfx:

The "MC" on the paw is sort of hard to see.

The thumbnails are a little too complex and difficult to understand.

Content:

Dont know much about music creation, cant see anything wrong.

Mic:

As for the mic on the "Discord" video, it seemed a little far away and your voice was a little choppy and didnt seem that clear.

Trailer:

While it looks cool, it is only 8 seconds. There is pretty much no information besides that you do news and music videos. I would say make it longer and describe more about your channel, specify more.

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay
Hey man i mean if you would like to review my channel it would be nice, before you do i am working on a channel intro so i don't really have one right now, and yea here is my channel link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-IQ4NsmHblMiRtv_q8iRYg
i currently am just uploading borderlands 2, will be doing Minecraft, ARK:confused:E and stuff related to that soon

GFX:

You banner is just some text slapped on a background, same with your logo. You should go to the requests and offers section and get a nice one.

For thumbnails, make the episode text a little bigger so it is easier to read.

Content:

Do some more original ideas than just playthroughs, though I know you said you had more planned in the future. Borderlands is stale because of how old it is now. I like the concept of the destiny division video. Do more like those.

Mic:

Mic is quiet and the commentary gets pretty stale very quickly.

Trailer:

Make one. Now.

illusima

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
Illusimastudios
GFX:

You banner is just some text slapped on a background, same with your logo. You should go to the requests and offers section and get a nice one.

For thumbnails, make the episode text a little bigger so it is easier to read.

Content:

Do some more original ideas than just playthroughs, though I know you said you had more planned in the future. Borderlands is stale because of how old it is now. I like the concept of the destiny division video. Do more like those.

Mic:

Mic is quiet and the commentary gets pretty stale very quickly.

Trailer:

Make one. Now.

Thanks my dude yea maybe i will just leave borderlands 2 when i finish the first playthrough. maybe ill do some call of duty commentaries or something until i can get my new equipment, and i am getting myself a new mic next week so the quality will go up a lot. and yes i will have a trailer up either today or tomorrow. and i am getting some new GFX soon, i just posted a request for some on the forums.

but anyways thanks for the review, it helped out a lot and i will take everything you said to heart.

Thanks my dude

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay

GFX:

I dont really know what the logo is, but it doesnt look bad.

The banner needs a redo, I dont know what your channel is about and I just dont really like it.

Thumbnails need a little work, some are OK.

Content:

Seems like you mainly do lets plays. like I said to the other guy, try some more original content.

Mic:

Fine quality. Little quiet. Commentary could be a little better.

Trailer:

Is fine.

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
GFX:

I dont really know what the logo is, but it doesnt look bad.

The banner needs a redo, I dont know what your channel is about and I just dont really like it.

Thumbnails need a little work, some are OK.

Content:

Seems like you mainly do lets plays. like I said to the other guy, try some more original content.

Mic:

Fine quality. Little quiet. Commentary could be a little better.

Trailer:

Is fine.
Thanks Slender I don't know what I am going to do with my banner but I will think of something. I also know that I might want to do something more than let's plays but I've made one demo track which I know is nothing compared to the plethora of gaming videos I do, but it's on the right track to make original content.

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay
you still gonna do mine?

GFX:

Eh, banner and logo. They are fine, no need to change.

FIX YOUR THUMBNAILS, they are very inconsistent and very hard to read. Make sure to keep your proportions right.

Content:

As the same as the others, make more original content. Everything you post has been posted many times over. (Especially those "new intro" videos. I hate those.

Mic:

Quiet and static, speak up, you sound a little shy.

Trailer:

Make one.