How can I get my audience to be more engaging?

That Awkward Giraffe

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
YouTube
ThisAwkGiraffe
A little about me first otherwise this makes no sense. I used to run three channels which I recently reduced to one. I want to know how I can be more engaging to my audience on my new channel.

Darth Monkey

Respected User
Aug 6, 2014
YouTube
Asking questions that relevant to the topic, and make them good questions (Example: You do a dog video, don't ask "What do you think should wear?" Ask "What is your favorite dog?" And always further encourage them to leave their thoughts in the comments below. Hope it works out for you!

Joemeister

Rising User
Mar 23, 2015
Houston, Texas
YouTube
Definitely ask questions that people can answer in the comments (like the previous replies have said) , and you always wanna tell a story. That always gets people more engaged. When your channel ends up being less a video and more the story of your life, that's when you get popular and have interaction :)

majkxter x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2016
YouTube
Yeah talk to your fans, if you had 3 channels then you must have some regular fan base, talk to them about improving your channel. :)

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
It takes a while man. I remember when I first made my channel and it took until 300 subs before I actually got an interactive audience and even then it was only a few regulars from the freedom! forums. Like everyone says asking at the end of the videos questions and stuff helps. People love to talk about controversial topics. Just be careful to not ask something that will cause a ruckus. Last thing you want is a Nixon race war on your hands.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
It takes a while man. I remember when I first made my channel and it took until 300 subs before I actually got an interactive audience and even then it was only a few regulars from the freedom! forums. Like everyone says asking at the end of the videos questions and stuff helps. People love to talk about controversial topics. Just be careful to not ask something that will cause a ruckus. Last thing you want is a Nixon race war on your hands.
Woah dude... Am I having flashbacks...
Or is this GLP MATTY!
Good to seeya again!

Yeddy

Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
1- Upload on a schedule - meaning upload on certain days so your viewers would know when you upload ,but when starting DON'T upload daily because remember ,no one has seen you before. Upload your best content, not content that you need to upload .People want to see the best content.
2- You need great software. By this I mean Photoshop , Sony Vegas, even MovieMaker /any other software out there that does a good job. Thumbnails need to be beautiful to catch the viewer's attention so I REALLY recommend Photoshop.
3- Your microphone will need to be a decent one to be able to be heard because the main thing about a video is the audio, no one would watch a YouTuber with bad audio. It's a proven fact. This comes into vlogs, commentaries, all types of videos.

Hope I've been helpful.

That Awkward Giraffe

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 31, 2016
YouTube
ThisAwkGiraffe
1- Upload on a schedule - meaning upload on certain days so your viewers would know when you upload ,but when starting DON'T upload daily because remember ,no one has seen you before. Upload your best content, not content that you need to upload .People want to see the best content.
2- You need great software. By this I mean Photoshop , Sony Vegas, even MovieMaker /any other software out there that does a good job. Thumbnails need to be beautiful to catch the viewer's attention so I REALLY recommend Photoshop.
3- Your microphone will need to be a decent one to be able to be heard because the main thing about a video is the audio, no one would watch a YouTuber with bad audio. It's a proven fact. This comes into vlogs, commentaries, all types of videos.

Hope I've been helpful.

I haven't decided on a upload schedule, but it's starting to look like everyday as well as a lot of my videos are going to be vlogs with just thoughts I want to talk about (gaming videos are coming up next week). As of great software I'm on a low budget so I using software such a cyberlink and bandicam as well as some software what was on my computer to begin with, the vlogs are made with just my phone. For gaming I use a headset. I want to be good but I also want to connect to my audience on a human level. Thanks for the tips I will apply where I see necessary.

Reactions: Yeddy

Yeddy

Freedom! Member
Feb 2, 2016
I haven't decided on a upload schedule, but it's starting to look like everyday as well as a lot of my videos are going to be vlogs with just thoughts I want to talk about (gaming videos are coming up next week). As of great software I'm on a low budget so I using software such a cyberlink and bandicam as well as some software what was on my computer to begin with, the vlogs are made with just my phone. For gaming I use a headset. I want to be good but I also want to connect to my audience on a human level. Thanks for the tips I will apply where I see necessary.
Well, good luck then!

Sirlarge

Feb 5, 2016
Austin, Texas
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Try just asking. Honestly asking some questions or saying comment bellow on what you think can really help. I love comments on my videos, and I was not getting any! So I just started asking people what they thought to my face camera while I was doing let's plays, and I started getting comments. Now when I record, I treat it like all my viewers are in the room with me,