HOW TO NOT BE TERRIBLE?

moah380

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey everyone, i recently stopped uploading for about a month. It shouldn't have been a surprise to me when i came back that i had lost a few subscribers, but it did because i had gone a month before without losing any subscribers at all.

My question to all you awesome people is this, What are some absolute essentials to a healthy channel on you tube that should be common knowledge?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey everyone, i recently stopped uploading for about a month. It shouldn't have been a surprise to me when i came back that i had lost a few subscribers, but it did because i had gone a month before without losing any subscribers at all.

My question to all you awesome people is this, What are some absolute essentials to a healthy channel on you tube that should be common knowledge?
Uploading consistently, to have an idea of what kind of videos you'll be uploading, to engage your audience, and to involve your community more.

moah380

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2015
YouTube
How much is a "few" ?

To me you look like you just started YouTube, small change in small number may be a huge change, but once you get bigger, these number would be insignificant... You know?

Simply: You're overacting.

oh it was just two, nothing too huge but still. I'm used to each subscriber taking a long time to earn.

moah380

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2015
YouTube
Uploading consistently, to have an idea of what kind of videos you'll be uploading, to engage your audience, and to involve your community more.

This makes the most sense to me as far as being essential. Thanks for the input :)

KuyasKorner

Rising User
Feb 2, 2016
YouTube

Something you can try, maybe make extra videos, upload them and schedule them to be published at a later date. Might sound like a lot of work but it can help when you know you will be away for a while.

Reactions: moah380

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Something you can try, maybe make extra videos, upload them and schedule them to be published at a later date. Might sound like a lot of work but it can help when you know you will be away for a while.
I already have 17 videos as a back-up in case I get lazy for some reason, heh. It's better to keep videos on schedule, but it is extra important to stay current as well ^^

Reactions: KuyasKorner

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

The most common thing is to at least upload 3 times a week besides that it is optional on how you build on.
Using a decent Mic if you do commentary and having good video quality is something wich would help but in my opinion the number one rule is to at least have a upload schedule :)

moah380

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 14, 2015
YouTube
The most common thing is to at least upload 3 times a week besides that it is optional on how you build on.
Using a decent Mic if you do commentary and having good video quality is something wich would help but in my opinion the number one rule is to at least have a upload schedule :)
Thanks for the advice :)