How to stop my breathing coming through on my recordings?

RunDevilRun007

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 23, 2015
Seoul, Republic of Korea
YouTube
SevDivine
I use a Blue Yeti microphone and I have the gain turned all the way down yet everytime I inhale or exhale through my nose it's fairly audible. Is there some way of stopping this? Do I need a better pop filter? Do I need a better breathing technique? I'm not sure what to do. I've gotten no complaints about it on my videos but it slightly annoys me when I listen to my recordings.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Yea get a pop filter, also check the settings on it, I dont have a blue yeti i got snowball mic so sorry i cant help you :/ but a pop filter should defiantly help.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I use a Blue Yeti microphone and I have the gain turned all the way down yet everytime I inhale or exhale through my nose it's fairly audible. Is there some way of stopping this? Do I need a better pop filter? Do I need a better breathing technique? I'm not sure what to do. I've gotten no complaints about it on my videos but it slightly annoys me when I listen to my recordings.
Sounds like you need to back off the mic and breathe through your nose, not your mouth.

TheWonderSpud

The Meaning Of Life, The Universe And Everything
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2014
I remember wearing Jordans

Last edited:

Al Valentyn

Mac Gaming Connoisseur
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
You can also easily edit it out, provided you have separate audio tracks for voice and game sounds. Audacity makes it easy.

Achillean

Lord Of Cringe
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2014
YouTube
If everything you try to do fails to fix this, you could make a joke out of it, like every time you breathe, you show some text saying something like *breathe* or something.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I actually have the same issue, but it's not terrible for me even without editing, so when I do edit it ... it's even less noticeable.

That's the great thing about recording your mic audio separate. Can fix just about anything and sometimes maybe even cut out entire parts that you may not like and replace them. Never done that myself ... but you can do it.