I need your help!

Spud

Respected User
Jun 11, 2016
England
YouTube
TheWonderSpud
You might want to be careful with this, maybe even use a different channel. Some larger youtubers can be quite mean and starting something with them they could get their subs to dislike your videos.
Dislikes don't do anything, though. All he will get is plenty more views.

I personally wouldn't actively look to expose YouTubers though, seems like too much negativity. I'd definitely try to expose a YouTuber if they attacked me or someone I knew, though. :) Self-defence. ;)

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
Dislikes don't do anything, though. All he will get is plenty more views.

I personally wouldn't actively look to expose YouTubers though, seems like too much negativity. I'd definitely try to expose a YouTuber if they attacked me or someone I knew, though. :) Self-defence. ;)
Yeah I only do it if people suggest someone to me or if they spam me or someone I know I dont go around comment sections looking for spam comments, I only do that when I investigate xD

Tempo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 11, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
Okay, so this is sort of what the YouTubers meant by ' YouTube changing '. It means people use what the community looks down upon to their own advantage. Although this is an issue, there are ways you can stop spamming. YouTube has it's own way of detecting comments now, they come under 'Spam' in your video. Infact, if you check the comments it will tell you 'Some comments are waiting approval.' This allows you to delete the comment or confirm it, and of course, I do the former.
Channel spamming mainly comes from those who take YouTube very seriously, those who may be regarding YouTube as a job, so by getting small subscribers and views, this can be very degrading, so they resort to spamming channels to ' aid ' their growth. I must admit, I have checked some channels out and the content they offer is of great quality, but have a very low sub count for the content they have to offer.
Again, this is an issue, but I believe YouTube has already prevented this, and ' exposing ' these youtubers will bring nothing but hate, something our lovely world has in abudnace... If you still feel like it is an issue here's a little video on how to stop spammers:

There are just too many alternative ways to stop this from happening. A series that would promote hate, well I suppose is one way of doing it, but put it in hind sight, you're annoyed at spammers that PROMOTE THEIR CHANNELS, so you make a video and in turn PROMOTE THEIR CHANNEL.... Best way to stop them, is to not acknowledge them at all.
Happy to have a good detailed argument :p

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
  • Okay, so this is sort of what the YouTubers meant by ' YouTube changing '. It means people use what the community looks down upon to their own advantage. Although this is an issue, there are ways you can stop spamming. YouTube has it's own way of detecting comments now, they come under 'Spam' in your video. Infact, if you check the comments it will tell you 'Some comments are waiting approval.' This allows you to delete the comment or confirm it, and of course, I do the former.
Channel spamming mainly comes from those who take YouTube very seriously, those who may be regarding YouTube as a job, so by getting small subscribers and views, this can be very degrading, so they resort to spamming channels to ' aid ' their growth. I must admit, I have checked some channels out and the content they offer is of great quality, but have a very low sub count for the content they have to offer.
Again, this is an issue, but I believe YouTube has already prevented this, and ' exposing ' these youtubers will bring nothing but hate, something our lovely world has in abudnace... If you still feel like it is an issue here's a little video on how to stop spammers:

There are just too many alternative ways to stop this from happening. A series that would promote hate, well I suppose is one way of doing it, but put it in hind sight, you're annoyed at spammers that PROMOTE THEIR CHANNELS, so you make a video and in turn PROMOTE THEIR CHANNEL.... Best way to stop them, is to not acknowledge them at all.
Happy to have a good detailed argument :p
Well imo smaller youtubers dont realise that they are being spammer even when it is flagged as spam, they just think it is a genuine comment and want to think that it is. Also the youtube flag system is kinda weird I have had people flagged as spam while they didnt even spam. With this series I am also kinda trying to fight against shoutout spammers, I see a lot of them and their series is hurting their own and other peoples channels. Atleast when they set rules to get a shoutout. And I wouldnt really say I am giving these people hate as I have tried in my latest episode. I tried to only expose them and say that they should stop and if they did that then there is nothing wrong with them. I am also not imo promoting their channels im letting people know what these youtubers do and they can make their decision to watch them or not. I just think it is sad that bigger youtubers spam as they imo dont need to spam to get subs. Thats why I only expose 1k+ youtubers. But I can see where you are coming from with this reply.

Tempo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 11, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
Well imo smaller youtubers dont realise that they are being spammer even when it is flagged as spam, they just think it is a genuine comment and want to think that it is. Also the youtube flag system is kinda weird I have had people flagged as spam while they didnt even spam. With this series I am also kinda trying to fight against shoutout spammers, I see a lot of them and their series is hurting their own and other peoples channels. Atleast when they set rules to get a shoutout. And I wouldnt really say I am giving these people hate as I have tried in my latest episode. I tried to only expose them and say that they should stop and if they did that then there is nothing wrong with them. I am also not imo promoting their channels im letting people know what these youtubers do and they can make their decision to watch them or not. I just think it is sad that bigger youtubers spam as they imo dont need to spam to get subs. Thats why I only expose 1k+ youtubers. But I can see where you are coming from with this reply.
If you are exposing larger YouTubers, I'd try to have a larger following first. Your subscribers may be loyal to your channel, but 83 vs 1k + may not go in your favour. As for the hate, I'd place my bets that if a larger YouTuber did this, many viewers would spam the victims channel with hate.

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
If you are exposing larger YouTubers, I'd try to have a larger following first. Your subscribers may be loyal to your channel, but 83 vs 1k + may not go in your favour. As for the hate, I'd place my bets that if a larger YouTuber did this, many viewers would spam the victims channel with hate.
well I wouldnt be able to crontrol my viewers then, its the same as leafy imo he doesnt spread the hate his fans do.