Request I'm not growing and I don't know why... (Channel Review)

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube for a year now (since March 25, 2015) but growth has been TERRIBLE. I currently only have 31 subscribers but then I see channels that started in October that are already in the hundreds :(

So I ask for whoever reads this: please give me constructive criticism on my channel because at this point I have absolutely no clue on what to do.

I ask if you can please check out my branding, channel pictures, organization, and intros. Please look at some of my videos and try and pick out problems.

AND I REPEAT I WANT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM but whoever decides to help me with this God Bless you and thank you for your time :)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think the main problem is the type of content, lets play channels are the hardest to grow. There has to be a reason why someone is watching you play a game rather than them playing it themselves or watching a channel that is more known.

This doesn't mean its not possible for you to grow your channel. There are a few things you could try out, having shorter videos can keep people from clicking away. Until you have a larger following try to keep videos 10-15 minutes long for lets plays. Also try to include tutorials of certain games, its more likely that someone will go to your channel if they are needing something like how to do x in this specific game. Collaboration can also help a lot, find similar channels with the same sub counts and game types and try working with them.

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
I think the main problem is the type of content, lets play channels are the hardest to grow. There has to be a reason why someone is watching you play a game rather than them playing it themselves or watching a channel that is more known.

This doesn't mean its not possible for you to grow your channel. There are a few things you could try out, having shorter videos can keep people from clicking away. Until you have a larger following try to keep videos 10-15 minutes long for lets plays. Also try to include tutorials of certain games, its more likely that someone will go to your channel if they are needing something like how to do x in this specific game. Collaboration can also help a lot, find similar channels with the same sub counts and game types and try working with them.
thanks!

DJ Dolphin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 11, 2016
YouTube
Just try looking for what other youtubes do that you don't and try to have new contend that someone can find somewhere else

Reactions: A.Barry

PTG Productions

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 5, 2016
Pennsylvania
YouTube
Dear fellow partner, (lol)

Tone the swearing down. Lets Plays are the worst to grow your channel with. because there are so many. Be creative :) God gave us a mind so lets put our all into each and every video.

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
Dear fellow partner, (lol)

Tone the swearing down. Lets Plays are the worst to grow your channel with. because there are so many. Be creative :) God gave us a mind so lets put our all into each and every video.
thank you. and I'll try toning the swearing down lol