Ghostllie

Respected User
Nov 29, 2015
YouTube
Hello so if anyone who reads this is familiar with the iphone 7 4k video and sony vegas i would really like some help. So my problem is that when i put the video into vegas the preview screen is very choppy even when i put the preview quality as low as it goes, is it a problem with my computer or do i need to maybe convert the 4k iphone video to a different format to edit it and render properly. Anyway help would be appreciated thanks

Red Bean

Feb 17, 2017
twitter.com
YouTube
redassasin101
It's a couple of possibilities, your computer or the video. However, neither are anything to worry about. It just means either your computer's processor can't render the video and the program together very well. Or, this is more likely, your video isn't "pre-rendered" meaning the program is rendering each frame as it's playing the video. Adobe Premiere does the same thing.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It's a couple of possibilities, your computer or the video. However, neither are anything to worry about. It just means either your computer's processor can't render the video and the program together very well. Or, this is more likely, your video isn't "pre-rendered" meaning the program is rendering each frame as it's playing the video. Adobe Premiere does the same thing.
Exactly what he said, because the program is trying to scrub the 4k file and not the preview, it's only going to go as fast as your processor or hard drive (in some cases) will allow. Quite frankly if you want to do 4k you'll just have to put up with it, but 4K is a little overkill for now as most users only have 1080p.

I recommend converting it to 1080p.