Is Roblox considered gaming?

jd22292

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2016
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
YouTube
Disregarding any comparisons that the online game has been given (i.e. it's almost like Minecraft), would you consider Roblox a gaming platform?

For me, it depends on the video and the type of game played. Shooters are easy to compare to games like Halo, Call of Duty, and similar games, while there's other games that mirror others. For example, I once found a game on the website that mirrored Agario.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Disregarding any comparisons that the online game has been given (i.e. it's almost like Minecraft), would you consider Roblox a gaming platform?

For me, it depends on the video and the type of game played. Shooters are easy to compare to games like Halo, Call of Duty, and similar games, while there's other games that mirror others. For example, I once found a game on the website that mirrored Agario.
I'd consider it a gaming platform, everyone has their own opinion on the matter though, heh.

Yes! I used to play Roblox. I had an account there from 2009 to 2013 or so. I still log in every few months to see what's new, but I don't play it anymore.

I think its a valuable game to display because I know that I learned a lot from the game. Leading a group of 400 members and being involved as a "high-ranking member" for a 14000 member clan helped me develop leadership skills and forced me to learn basic graphic design. It's not a game you just play for fun, and I think there's a large community surrounding it.

I've found that people watch Roblox videos because my old channels were about the game and had quite a few views. I'm an old-timer though, I'm sure the game has changed a lot.