Issue with Livestreaming with elgato

So I have an elgato hd60, also have OBS screen record.

Its all perfect for recording. However when I try to livestream there is a mega delay from me actually playing the game and it actually going on youtube live.

Ive messed about with settings, looked at dozens of guides on youtube, but for the life of me I cannot stop this delay. The voice/gameplay is perfectly in sync.

I have fibre internet (fastest there is in the UK) and I have a very good laptop. But for whatever reason, there is always like a 15 second or so delay of me playing/talking and it actually streaming on youtube. Its just streaming. Recording is spot on.

An example is when I finish a level on mario maker. I hit the flag and as im also watching it on youtube, its always about 15 seconds behind.

Any solutions? or is this meant to happen?

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
It's the exact same for me mate when i do any livestream.. but im about 99% sure it is suppose to do that to be honest and im the same as you with fibre optic (as you said best in the uk) so yeah i think its suppose to do that

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
there will always be some sort of delay when live streaming. no twitch and youtube, it's normally anywhere around 15-40 seconds. the only streaming platform that i've ever seen that has around a 5-6 delay is Hitbox.

Shadsters

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
YouTube
i streamed using elgato as well i get a 40 second delay on twitch with the right setup settings but you dont actually have to use OBS because Elgato has layouts and layers and camera built into it now so you can just set it up from there also is your laptop wired or wireless ??

RogueMonkeyJr. Gaming

Rising User
Mar 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
I stream with my Elgato HD60 Pro only and I get about a 15 second delay, but nice 1080p 60FPS quality with no stuttering especially since they released the new update a few days ago!