Learning Code...

Winiemko

Jun 17, 2016
Today I learned some html and css
it was pretty weird learing code
because it was hard to do at
the start and if you guys want to learn
code (not trying to advertise it was just fun)
https://www.codecademy.com/learn
but it is a good way to learn code if you want to check that out just check it.
Hopefully you can do the next facebook

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
Today I learned some html and css
it was pretty weird learing code
because it was hard to do at
the start and if you guys want to learn
code (not trying to advertise it was just fun)
https://www.codecademy.com/learn
but it is a good way to learn code if you want to check that out just check it.
Hopefully you can do the next facebook
Hello Winiemko! HTML and CSS is pretty easy once you get the hang of it but don't worry you'll get the hang of it. If you are interested more in this I highly recommend buying a course from Udemy, I did a while back and it helped me a lot. If you ever need help with any coding etc gimmie a shout.

Reactions: Prilixy

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
You tried youtube? They have good coding tutorials for other languages. Also out of interest. Why Python? :D

Oh yeah, I'm sure Youtube has several tutorials, but I'm looking for more interactive ones because I learn better if I'm given an assignment to complete. And Python because it seems like one of the more well-known useful ones. Plus I know a little bit of it already, I want to build on that though

Alpine

Web Designer
Freedom! Member
Jul 24, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
Oh yeah, I'm sure Youtube has several tutorials, but I'm looking for more interactive ones because I learn better if I'm given an assignment to complete. And Python because it seems like one of the more well-known useful ones. Plus I know a little bit of it already, I want to build on that though
I Looked on udemy for ya. There are some free courses there. Dunno how good they are. Here:
https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q="Python"&src=sac&kw=Pytho&lang=en&price=price-free

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
You should try some udemy courses. I've learnt more of them then any other sources. There easy to follow and fun. Udemy doesn't just do coding it does heaps of stuff from lifestyle to tech. There are some great free coding courses.
(This is not advertising I'm just telling you about my experience with udemy)

Reactions: Alpine

lessure

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
HTML and CSS are the basics once you get use you will find its actually more intresting after you look at the final product from your code. After learning HTML and CSS you should move to either JavaScript or PHP as it is the components of Web development.

Reactions: Alpine

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Speaking of coding, I want to learn more python. Does anyone know any good free online courses? I've already tried codeacademy, is there any other besides that?
I learned Python off of Python's own website. Lot of reading, since there's no video, but it's a great adventure because you're pretty much exploring on your own. I suggest starting from there because they teach you in-depth about how certain things in Python work. Once you've gone over the basics they'll give you details of how you can branch out depending on what you wanna do with Python.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
If you have a Microsoft account I think you can get access to it without having our account dev enabled but you sign in on the visual studio dev site and go to the benefits page and they will give you a code to get 6 months of free plural sight. Pluralsight is probably your best bet at learning coding, with Microsoft you get 6 months free then you pay but I'm sure you can get another account. They provide a range of not just coding courses but everything from architecture to IT. It's not free after 6 months but it's sure to kickstart you. They give you the option to take tests before you begin to see what your skill level with each language is and I surprised myself, it turns out I know a lot more HTML then I thought.
With coding it seems that it's easier to understand then write. After a while you will start to understand everything but it's another thing to write code.

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I learned Python off of Python's own website. Lot of reading, since there's no video, but it's a great adventure because you're pretty much exploring on your own. I suggest starting from there because they teach you in-depth about how certain things in Python work. Once you've gone over the basics they'll give you details of how you can branch out depending on what you wanna do with Python.
Oh yeah I think I checked that out but it was kinda boring so I gave up haha. But I'll give it another go!