Gaming Maybe I'm doing to much?

Lexx Alolia

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2017
YouTube
nekollx
So hello everyone, only recently joined and seems like a good group but I'm noticing a trend, namely that my content doesnt fall into a neat box, anyone else have the problem?

Over on my channel i do gaming, and game modding and making but i also do do VLOG reflecting on tv shows and tropes, as well as tech and toy reviews and toy creation/scrap builds. I'm wondering if that is why my channel is so slow to grow but with only 200 subscribers would it really make sense to make branch off and create sub channel for each focus when my subs are already really small?

Reactions: AFKPlays

Lexx Alolia

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2017
YouTube
nekollx
yeah i do all that it's just i wonder if my content is too diverse since i can just clenaly label it a "Gaming channel" or a "cooking channel" or a "DIY channel"

VoiaGmer

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2015
YouTube
D_JW_R
Having a diverse channel can be bad for growth, you want to focus on a specific audience. I do things such as gameplay, reviews, news, etc, but it all revolves around the gaming world. There are many paths within one genre, but having too many genres can cause a lack of audience.

Reactions: varnation

Mandy Erickson

Rising User
Sep 1, 2017
Indiana
YouTube
Loveb4hate_
I'm a really small channel, but the last couple of people who have subbed to me have been from me doing reviews. So that's the direction I'm taking.. from looking around on here and going through other channels, I've noticed you need to have a main focus on your channel and really go with one type of thing. I do vlogs which is how I started youtube... so I'll probably keep them both on my channel just put them in different catergories.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
So hello everyone, only recently joined and seems like a good group but I'm noticing a trend, namely that my content doesnt fall into a neat box, anyone else have the problem?

Over on my channel i do gaming, and game modding and making but i also do do VLOG reflecting on tv shows and tropes, as well as tech and toy reviews and toy creation/scrap builds. I'm wondering if that is why my channel is so slow to grow but with only 200 subscribers would it really make sense to make branch off and create sub channel for each focus when my subs are already really small?
Bruh I've been making pure gaming videos for a year now and I have only 200 Subs :D YYoutube has gotten to that saturated point I'm afraid :( anyway Welcome to the Forums! :D Btw link your channel to the freedom forums so that I can check it out!

Lexx Alolia

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2017
YouTube
nekollx
Bruh I've been making pure gaming videos for a year now and I have only 200 Subs :D YYoutube has gotten to that saturated point I'm afraid :( anyway Welcome to the Forums! :D Btw link your channel to the freedom forums so that I can check it out!

I wound but this is like my 3rd post and you know the 5 post rule.
Anyway my 200 subs are after several years which is why i'm not sure what to do, im to small to really branch out but I dont want to ignore my other content just for the gaming stuff.

Reactions: AFKPlays