Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Hi Guys,

My channel was doing ok, growing very slowly in views and subs but about 2 weeks ago everything has dropped off completely. I am not sure what has caused it, the only thing I have done different is to try create content that is high on the search.

Has this happened to any of you and how did you revive your channel.

It is getting me down at the moment as am putting a lot of effort in to making the videos and finding time to edit them.

Cheers

J.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi Guys,

My channel was doing ok, growing very slowly in views and subs but about 2 weeks ago everything has dropped off completely. I am not sure what has caused it, the only thing I have done different is to try create content that is high on the search.

It is getting me down at the moment as am putting a lot of effort in to making the videos and finding time to edit them.

Cheers

J.
It can vary often, since you need to figure out where the views came from in the first place. Finding your audience is key, since we all need to figure out how to keep everyone interested, Did you change your video archetype at all dramatically?

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
It can vary often, since you need to figure out where the views came from in the first place. Finding your audience is key, since we all need to figure out how to keep everyone interested, Did you change your video archetype at all dramatically?

Not really I kept the format the same, I haven't really built up a big "core audience" as such and a lot of my views come from reddit and the last 2 videos have just bombed completely with last weeks only reaching 6 views.

I have been working on improving thumbnails, been more active on twitter and been using heartbeat and tube buddy to improve SEO.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Communication can go a long way. I feel that 90% of my traffic comes from people that I talk to, and of course I try to make my channel look professional so when they do visit my channel they would be interested in what I make. Like Matt said though, just keep at it and find your audience. You're still new it seems, so there's plenty of time to grow!

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Communication can go a long way. I feel that 90% of my traffic comes from people that I talk to, and of course I try to make my channel look professional so when they do visit my channel they would be interested in what I make. Like Matt said though, just keep at it and find your audience. You're still new it seems, so there's plenty of time to grow!

Thank you for the support, I have only been at it 2 months and your right there is still time for it to grow.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Hi Guys,

Cheers

J.
Everything takes time.
Nothing happens over night unless you're like the 1% of 1% who goes viral.

There have been days when I lose 5 subscribers in a day, but you know what? I gain them back later on. Those people who DO leave, you don't really want them a part of your community anyway. You want subscribers that'll grow and be there for you.

Suggestions:
  • Make sure you have catchy titles.
  • Make sure you have the correct tags.
  • You can self-advertise on google+ community pages, reddit, and social media sites.
  • Make friends! They can actually help your channel grow a lot.

Reactions: Jac Morton

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Not really I kept the format the same, I haven't really built up a big "core audience" as such and a lot of my views come from reddit and the last 2 videos have just bombed completely with last weeks only reaching 6 views.

I have been working on improving thumbnails, been more active on twitter and been using heartbeat and tube buddy to improve SEO.
Getting that core audience will take a lot of testing. Do people give feedback on your videos? What kind of people are you looking to attract? Side note, if you post to reddit too often, you might get shadowbanned, meaning other people can't see the post.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I was slow with growth too but since a couple days my views and subs are sky rocket. For me i think this is because i continue with my FFXIV series but it can be many aspects. As a gaming channel posting 2 or 3 vids a day i get much content out wich makes it easier to be tracked.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Getting that core audience will take a lot of testing. Do people give feedback on your videos? What kind of people are you looking to attract? Side note, if you post to reddit too often, you might get shadowbanned, meaning other people can't see the post.

I may have been shadow banned that could explain the lack of traffic. I haven't really had anyone say anything constructive but do a have a few thumbs up.

Cheers Matt

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I may have been shadow banned that could explain the lack of traffic. I haven't really had anyone say anything constructive but do a have a few thumbs up.

Cheers Matt
Yeah, that tends to happen a lot. There's a 90/10 rule, where you need to post 90% content from other people aside from yourself. Reddit gives boosts quickly when you first do it, but if you rely on it, you get banned quickly.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Yeah, that tends to happen a lot. There's a 90/10 rule, where you need to post 90% content from other people aside from yourself. Reddit gives boosts quickly when you first do it, but if you rely on it, you get banned quickly.

Just done the test and I am shadow banned, I have contacted the admin to try get unbanned.

Well you live and learn I guess.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Just done the test and I am shadow banned, I have contacted the admin to try get unbanned.

Well you live and learn I guess.
Hah, it's all good. They do that a lot to people. If you can get friends to share your videos, it works out. But I would only share videos that aren't let's play videos, tutorials or amazing content works best there.