Solved Need help with disputing a copyright claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCyanGaming

Freedom! Member
Apr 20, 2014
YouTube
The music playing in this video from 0:10 - 1:28
has been claimed by ONErpm. The titled specified for their content is Hidden Feelings - Santos. I searched it on youtube and the only thing I could find was:
which was not uploaded by ONErpm. Although the music is almost the same as the one in my video "with slight alterations", my video was uploaded first.

Furthermore, you can find the original song here: https://soundcloud.com/umier3/clouds which was made by a friend of mine, who gave me full permission to use it and the link can be found in the video description. This song was uploaded over a year ago.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Well write that, state it's a false claim and that you are allowed to use the song used. Just a few things about claims though:
  • Whoever uploaded it when doesn't matter at all. Matter of fact it doesn't matter if it was even uploaded at all. I could mention a few things off the top of my head you can get a strike/claim for that aren't publicly on YouTube at all (Movies, some songs that were never uploaded to YouTube but have rights attached to them).
  • OneRPM, WMG, Sony, etc. are Record Labels. They don't usually upload any videos. All they do is have access to Content ID to submit content given to them by partners.
  • Also quickly want to point out that in most cases including yours the claimant information is irrelevant unless you want to sue them about it (good luck with that lol). Mostly it's just some connection you can't even see, take this example:
    upload_2018-4-17_20-4-28.png
In your case it was a false claim, the song is clearly different but it's understandable that CID has picked it up wrongfully. Explain it's a different song in the appeal and they will retract it. If not you can go down the Appeal > Counter notification > Lawsuit line as outlined in this YouTube support article:
upload_2018-4-17_20-8-29.png

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Look like you beat me to the punch on this one as well @LW001 , got to hate working all day sometimes. As such I shall set this to SOLVED and give a virtual round of applause again for the speedy reply

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.