Music One-man band checking in!

Rulez

New User
Mar 27, 2015
Poland
YouTube
Hello everyone, I'm Tomek, and only now have I gotten the courage to introduce myself to the community!

I'm an 18-year old musician from Poland. I found Freedom through a very good friend of mine; he wanted to help me, because he knew I was quite clueless about YouTube-related things, I just uploaded videos there for myself or sharing with a couple of friends. However, now my views changed a little bit, thanks to him, even though I still mostly make videos for fun; I also finally decided to join the forums to meet new people and check out what they do!

As you can guess, my hobby is music. I've been attending music school for 11 years; the first 6 I played the classical guitar, then later I changed to percussion instruments, so not just drums, but also things like xylophone, vibraphone, marimba, timpani, and so on. I also play piano (obligatory at school), bass (self-taught, I play it in the school band, too!) and a few other interesting instruments, like melodica.

Originally I started YouTube a long time ago because I had a project in mind with my friends, but that did not work out, so my channel has been through a lot of revamps and changes, but finally I settled on covers, and soon, my own original songs.

My biggest dream will come true in just a bit over a year; I'll meet up with my friends from Canada and the Netherlands to form a band, and finally start playing some music after years of waiting to meet them!

So, as you can guess, I run a musical channel, which mostly contains my - so far - best project, the one-man band covers, in which I arrange various artists' songs for the instruments that I play, and perform them. Sometimes, I also get help from some vocalists, sometimes friends of mine, sometimes other musicians on the Internet... other than those, I also have and plan to upload some simpler covers on just a single instrument each, a more "classic" approach to YouTube covers. I just do what I love!

Now, I must admit, recently it's been a bit problematic to upload regularly, as never before have I had my own professional equipment at home, so everything was very hard to make, but I was patient and stubborn, so I got through by, for example, recording at my school not with mics, but with just cameras. However, now that I have my own studio equipment, I plan to record a lot of cool things in a bunch, and release them much more regularly - it's my promise, I'm quite passionate about that!

Here is a link to my playlist of one-man band covers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-QHFYkt8ct0AxSZqGATR4z_-YlRfPpm7

I hope I'm not breaking the rules by linking up the specific playlist, not the whole channel, but it's the most interesting thing about it, so I hope it's fine!

I'm glad to meet you!

Reactions: Maru

Maru

Freedom! Member
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
Welcome! and excuse me for being blunt but hooooly crap you have amazing talent. Learning to play all those instruments and only 18... wow! KUDOS :) I'm also very new here but I hope we can be friends and help each other out. Good luck!!!

Reactions: Rulez

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Hello everyone, I'm Tomek, and only now have I gotten the courage to introduce myself to the community!

I'm an 18-year old musician from Poland. I found Freedom through a very good friend of mine; he wanted to help me, because he knew I was quite clueless about YouTube-related things, I just uploaded videos there for myself or sharing with a couple of friends. However, now my views changed a little bit, thanks to him, even though I still mostly make videos for fun; I also finally decided to join the forums to meet new people and check out what they do!

As you can guess, my hobby is music. I've been attending music school for 11 years; the first 6 I played the classical guitar, then later I changed to percussion instruments, so not just drums, but also things like xylophone, vibraphone, marimba, timpani, and so on. I also play piano (obligatory at school), bass (self-taught, I play it in the school band, too!) and a few other interesting instruments, like melodica.

Originally I started YouTube a long time ago because I had a project in mind with my friends, but that did not work out, so my channel has been through a lot of revamps and changes, but finally I settled on covers, and soon, my own original songs.

My biggest dream will come true in just a bit over a year; I'll meet up with my friends from Canada and the Netherlands to form a band, and finally start playing some music after years of waiting to meet them!

So, as you can guess, I run a musical channel, which mostly contains my - so far - best project, the one-man band covers, in which I arrange various artists' songs for the instruments that I play, and perform them. Sometimes, I also get help from some vocalists, sometimes friends of mine, sometimes other musicians on the Internet... other than those, I also have and plan to upload some simpler covers on just a single instrument each, a more "classic" approach to YouTube covers. I just do what I love!

Now, I must admit, recently it's been a bit problematic to upload regularly, as never before have I had my own professional equipment at home, so everything was very hard to make, but I was patient and stubborn, so I got through by, for example, recording at my school not with mics, but with just cameras. However, now that I have my own studio equipment, I plan to record a lot of cool things in a bunch, and release them much more regularly - it's my promise, I'm quite passionate about that!

Here is a link to my playlist of one-man band covers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-QHFYkt8ct0AxSZqGATR4z_-YlRfPpm7

I hope I'm not breaking the rules by linking up the specific playlist, not the whole channel, but it's the most interesting thing about it, so I hope it's fine!

I'm glad to meet you!
Hello Welcome to !Freedom/Forums
I looked over a few of your videos (Hit the Road Jack-White Foxes)
And they are very nice some of the older songs don't sound that good but your newer stuff sounds nice!!
Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: Rulez

Rulez

New User
Mar 27, 2015
Poland
YouTube
Thank you everyone, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome, aww, you're the best!! :)

Thanks for showing me the subscribe button thingy, I'll add that in a sec, and also, yes I must say that half of my old covers were unproduced (Moon River to Psycho) and I'm not very proud of them, however, Unintended and everything starting with White Foxes is much higher quality, when I actually put more work into everything.