Putting a Shoutout at the End of Each of my Videos a Good Idea?

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
I'm thinking of putting a shoutout at the End of Each of My Videos to help promote a youtube channel. The Way I could implement this is to create a Google Forum or get people to request it in the comments. What do you think?

Heres my latest Youtube Video of that Durr Plant Vine from I Hate Everything and I Did a Shoutout at the End

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I'm thinking of putting a shoutout at the End of Each of My Videos to help promote a youtube channel. The Way I could implement this is to create a Google Forum or get people to request it in the comments. What do you think?

Heres my latest Youtube Video of that Durr Plant Vine from I Hate Everything and I Did a Shoutout at the End
If you manage to give people shout-outs, it can work well. People abuse the system by asking for likes, comments, subscribers in return. If you talk about them in depth, it'd be a great thing to do for your community!

Reactions: Oblivifrek

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
If you manage to give people shout-outs, it can work well. People abuse the system by asking for likes, comments, subscribers in return. If you talk about them in depth, it'd be a great thing to do for your community!
Yeah I don't like when people try and use the system like that. Thanks for the input :)

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Honestly not really. Unless you're shouting out channels you actually do watch often and enjoy then its not really worth much to anyone. Helping out a channel by telling your fans is fine but shouting out random channels at the end of every video no one is actually going to look them up.

Not trying to sound like a d*ck I'm just saying freedom! basically done a series on shoutouts for a year and it went the same way.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Honestly not really. Unless you're shouting out channels you actually do watch often and enjoy then its not really worth much to anyone. Helping out a channel by telling your fans is fine but shouting out random channels at the end of every video no one is actually going to look them up.

Not trying to sound like a d*ck I'm just saying freedom! basically done a series on shoutouts for a year and it went the same way.
It honestly depends, because everyone can approach this matter differently. People can get a typical jist of your content by viewing a few videos, especially ones that are newer. Spending at least 10-30+ minutes could give a decent evaluation. Freedom doesn't do shoutouts correctly, that's been true since a long time ago, which we'll hopefully be able to change soon enough :p

GLP Matty

Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
It honestly depends, because everyone can approach this matter differently. People can get a typical jist of your content by viewing a few videos, especially ones that are newer. Spending at least 10-30+ minutes could give a decent evaluation. Freedom doesn't do shoutouts correctly, that's been true since a long time ago, which we'll hopefully be able to change soon enough :p

I dunno, that's more of a channel review than a shoutout. If you want to do something like that then make a series on it. I think its impractical to do it at the end of every video. A series however would be great. If you've done youtube long enough you'll know what makes a channel tick and a series could really help someone improve their channel.

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
Yeah In a General Scope there needs to be a better way of making shoutout videos even if someone approaches Freedom! with an idea to make a Weekly shoutout show with a better approach than before.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I dunno, that's more of a channel review than a shoutout. If you want to do something like that then make a series on it. I think its impractical to do it at the end of every video. A series however would be great. If you've done youtube long enough you'll know what makes a channel tick and a series could really help someone improve their channel.
You could have 10 people that make a video with a shoutout at the end of the video. Everyone will manage to make it differently, if he can make it work, I wouldn't discourage him :p A bonus at the end of the video is always looked forward to ^^
Yeah In a General Scope there needs to be a better way of making shoutout videos even if someone approaches Freedom! with an idea to make a Weekly shoutout show with a better approach than before.
Yeah, it'll take some changes, because there needs to be a change in format. The typical shoutout isn't that beneficial, but with the right person backing it, it totally can ^^

GLP Matty

Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty

The baldy brothers actually did it quite well the truth is people just don't find it interesting. People who watched it all wanted the same thing. To get on the show themselves. The only reason I watched it was because I literally had nothing better to do than watch freedom! videos all day. The only shoutout series I enjoyed watching was gunthers one but even that was just a bunch of people begging to get on the show.

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
The baldy brothers actually did it quite well the truth is people just don't find it interesting. People who watched it all wanted the same thing. To get on the show themselves. The only reason I watched it was because I literally had nothing better to do than watch freedom! videos all day. The only shoutout series I enjoyed watching was gunthers one but even that was just a bunch of people begging to get on the show.
I understand you. An Idea on making a Shoutout show would be not to make it an serious show but make it into a more of a entertainment show so that its not all about the shoutout but about enjoying the show. but thats an Opinion of mine lol

GLP Matty

Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I understand you. An Idea on making a Shoutout show would be not to make it an serious show but make it into a more of a entertainment show so that its not all about the shoutout but about enjoying the show. but thats an Opinion of mine lol
Yeah I guess you want to actually promote the channel to the correct target audience and make it fun for them to get to know the channel.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't think the idea would work very well, since having YouTubers as an audience is not really the kind of thing anyone wants unless they're a channel dedicated to the assistance of other YouTubers, you'd get people who would not be interested in your content showing up just to [maybe] get a shoutout and you'd end up with a minuscule watch time percentage.

It would be best to just make the content you usually produce and only shoutout those who either collaborate with you, assist in general production, or helped out your channel with a contribution of some kind that made a really noticeable difference.

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
Personally if you do shoutouts people will only watch because of your shoutouts to get there channel big. So you could end up with dead subs.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Personally if you do shoutouts people will only watch because of your shoutouts to get there channel big. So you could end up with dead subs.
That's the issue with people who do give-a-ways, they only tune in when you tell them about giving stuff away. If you manage to balance out featuring people, there's a chance of it working better. I rather not tell people to subscribe for a glimmer of hope though.

Oblivifrek

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
Oblivifrek_TV
That's the issue with people who do give-a-ways, they only tune in when you tell them about giving stuff away. If you manage to balance out featuring people, there's a chance of it working better. I rather not tell people to subscribe for a glimmer of hope though.
Agree with you. Humans can be Humans They like freebies LOL :)

ZichnesS

Respected User
Feb 16, 2016
Atlanta
YouTube

Yes, in some ways it can be.