REALLLLLLYYYYYY?

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
freedom and finishing projects..... sigh :(
#Freedomplzfinishstuffbeforestartingnewones
Plz dont place forums team under the "freedom doesnt finish projects" banner because 2.0 WILL be out soon...[DOUBLEPOST=1451149742,1451149622][/DOUBLEPOST]
"2.0 will be here soon!" is what we were told in October. And November. And December.

#JustFreedomThings
Not sure if you have noticed but many things have gone wrong during the time right before the set deadline for 2.0 release and after october we did not give any exact date for it just to be safe, which proved to be correct choice with the recent forums bugs and such that have prevented us from launching 2.0

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Plz dont place forums team under the "freedom doesnt finish projects" banner because 2.0 WILL be out soon...[DOUBLEPOST=1451149742,1451149622][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not sure if you have noticed but many things have gone wrong during the time right before the set deadline for 2.0 release and after october we did not give any exact date for it just to be safe, which proved to be correct choice with the recent forums bugs and such that have prevented us from launching 2.0
I'd like to first point out how ironic (maybe paradoxical?) that first reply is. "Soon" has been the mantra for months.

Secondly, the forum team is still part of Freedom, and while I'm sure most people don't lump you in together, you can't sit there and say the forum team hasn't made promises either regarding 2.0 release. Don't tell us that when mods were telling us "soon" or "end of the month" that they really meant "eventually". I'm not even sure what you mean by "things have gone wrong" other than Kan leaving, but more transparency would be nice.

I know @1SB2Gamer has gone back and forth on the subject before on another thread, so I won't repeat his already poignant points.

Fact is, you can see the dissatisfaction from freedom and forum members through numerous complaint threads created on a daily basis. Not saying they're all valid (because a lot of people don't read their contract) but many of them make good points.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
That "soon" has allways been meant as "soon" but due to things like forums breaking (when you couldnt even see who was online) we had to push it back.

I obviously see peoples dissatisfactions and that is why im trying to show that we have not given up on the 2.0
The whole "dont lump us together" thing was meant to say that we are not killing the project like how some freedoms projects have "dissapeared", obviously we have made promises, but we are planing on launching 2.0 eventualy (would say soon, but who knows if there's going to be delays)

Reactions: riganthor

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
they been saying soon for ages now, so when they say that it means nothing unless I see an actual date?
ehm... wel they even gave a date and coulndt get it released then so to be honest I love the forums team but if I where you I would temper your hope until its actually out.

LeeceGaming

Gamer - Entertainer
Freedom! Member
All Im saying is, I have a friend who is uneducated, doesn't work and can make about 10 fully encoded websites from scratch in a month with anything you want on them, and here you have a TEAM of "experts" who cant even do 1 in like 5 months??? I dont understand that, like Im not trying to be a **** but that I cant understand.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
All Im saying is, I have a friend who is uneducated, doesn't work and can make about 10 fully encoded websites from scratch in a month with anything you want on them, and here you have a TEAM of "experts" who cant even do 1 in like 5 months??? I dont understand that, like Im not trying to be a **** but that I cant understand.
This is not our personal website, this is owned by the company so its not like we can do anything we want however we want, we need things approved by Higer staff and such, it is not as simple as you think. Would you prefer us to give you a date and then postpone it again if higer ups decide that we need something changed or if something breaks because developers team is updating database or something like that ? I assume you would not like that thus "soon" because we think its going to be soon if nothing gets in our way.

LeeceGaming

Gamer - Entertainer
Freedom! Member
This is not our personal website, this is owned by the company so its not like we can do anything we want however we want, we need things approved by Higer staff and such, it is not as simple as you think. Would you prefer us to give you a date and then postpone it again if higer ups decide that we need something changed or if something breaks because developers team is updating database or something like that ? I assume you would not like that thus "soon" because we think its going to be soon if nothing gets in our way.
d.m to me because Im not a huge fan of forums but I loved interacting and meeting fellow YouTubers through the chat normally I only come on here to see if its FINALLLYYYY been updated but since chat went I stopped using this site, which is a shame because like I said I loved the chat for interacting with fellow YouTubers, I dont care about the rest of it the forums are fine as they are just put the chat back on thats all Im saying!

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Well, I do understand the way things can go. So it's not like I am blaming anyone for the delays. Doing any sort of development can experience such things.

The issue I have had with Freedom is they don't have a bad rep for delays, but a bad rep for actually never completing things. It would be different if many of the things they worked on where eventually released .. but they never are.

It's good to hear that 2.0 isn't going to be one of those.

Believe

Renowned User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
keep calm and wait for 2.0 they are (developers) working from nearly 1 year lets see what they have done, hope its beat my expectations ! George posted his last video on Oct 6, 2015 so its nearly 2 months 3 weeks almost 3 months i hope they completed thier office build, hope they comeback with big bang where mcgahan also there :) i think he is helping with forum stuff etc and other!