Request for MOTM

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
Hello Freedom! team.

I'd like to put myself forwards for the MOTM award as I think that even though I only joined last Saturday, I've already played a big part the Freedom! community (this can be proved as I am already 4th richest in the forum).

Please read some of my posts and threads and please consider my MOTM request,

Kind regards,
David

P.S. When is the MOTM announced for March?

Reactions: ONE & JULLE

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
1) Member of the Month is released on the 15th of every month, nominations have not started yet for this month.
2) We have seen / mentioned your activity around the forums and in our forum chats.
- As a forum team, we would like to remind everyone that all messages sent around the forums should be made with intention and unicity.
- This means: Messages which are copy and pasted or are one worded may be considered spam, repetition of this might cause concern.
3) We consider everyone's personal nominations for Member of the Month, however it will be up to the team's full discretion to nominate this month's winner.
4) You may the fourth richest at this current moment, but since the release of the credit system, I can assure you are lower down than fourth, given the fact that I would be past 1,000 if I had not been giving credits away for the FFF, mini-competitions and the MotM status.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello Freedom! team.

I'd like to put myself forwards for the MOTM award as I think that even though I only joined last Saturday, I've already played a big part the Freedom! community (this can be proved as I am already 4th richest in the forum).

Please read some of my posts and threads and please consider my MOTM request,

Kind regards,
David

P.S. When is the MOTM announced for March?
Hello there David

We appreciate that you would like to put yourself forward for Motm and we have already recieved your messages regarding this. The Motm is determined by the Freedom team, and the person is chosen for their continued efforts to help make the forums better - this could be through creating threads and posts that are helpful, welcoming new members into the forum, continuously reporting rule breakers and generally just being a person that has been extremely helpful. While I can not say where you may or not be in regards to our personal recommendations for Motm I can appreciate the work that you have made in such a short space of time on the forums - though please note that the amount of credits you have, don't have any bearing on our recommendations.

The Motm is normally announced around the 15th of each month

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
1) Member of the Month is released on the 15th of every month, nominations have not started yet for this month.
2) We have seen / mentioned your activity around the forums and in our forum chats.
- As a forum team, we would like to remind everyone that all messages sent around the forums should be made with intention and unicity.
- This means: Messages which are copy and pasted or are one worded may be considered spam, repetition of this might cause concern.
3) We consider everyone's personal nominations for Member of the Month, however it will be up to the team's full discretion to nominate this month's winner.
4) You may the fourth richest at this current moment, but since the release of the credit system, I can assure you are lower down than fourth, given the fact that I would be past 1,000 if I had not been giving credits away for the FFF, mini-competitions and the MotM status.
Oh okay, someone already helped me by saying about the spam thing so I've stopped that now! :) Anyway, thanks and I hope that I get nominated by people for MOTM!!! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488926779][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello there David

We appreciate that you would like to put yourself forward for Motm and we have already recieved your messages regarding this. The Motm is determined by the Freedom team, and the person is chosen for their continued efforts to help make the forums better - this could be through creating threads and posts that are helpful, welcoming new members into the forum, continuously reporting rule breakers and generally just being a person that has been extremely helpful. While I can not say where you may or not be in regards to our personal recommendations for Motm I can appreciate the work that you have made in such a short space of time on the forums - though please note that the amount of credits you have, don't have any bearing on our recommendations.

The Motm is normally announced around the 15th of each month
Okay, thanks a lot! :)

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Oh okay, someone already helped me by saying about the spam thing so I've stopped that now! :) Anyway, thanks and I hope that I get nominated by people for MOTM!!! :)

I am glad to hear that, hopefully as a community we can help people in the most beneficial ways possible.
The previous outlet of spam was noticed by users and the forum team, which made me personally alert of your further contributions.
This said, you're extremely high posting of over 200 within a period of 3-4 days was at high concern, this does not mean we want you to slow down and post very little, it just means we want all replies to be either critical, evaluative or beneficial for the thread owner in question.

As Zeke also said, we cannot disclose any information of personal nominations of ours, or other members of this community. We shall not hint towards possible winners and all information will be launched on the official release on the 15th,

Good Luck!

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
I am glad to hear that, hopefully as a community we can help people in the most beneficial ways possible.
The previous outlet of spam was noticed by users and the forum team, which made me personally alert of your further contributions.
This said, you're extremely high posting of over 200 within a period of 3-4 days was at high concern, this does not mean we want you to slow down and post very little, it just means we want all replies to be either critical, evaluative or beneficial for the thread owner in question.

As Zeke also said, we cannot disclose any information of personal nominations of ours, or other members of this community. We shall not hint towards possible winners and all information will be launched on the official release on the 15th,

Good Luck!
Okay, thanks and I'll take that advice on board and try and be more helpful. Is it okay me posting the same message to new members (Welcome to Freedom! I hope you enjoy your time here) or is that still classed as spam? I can't really think of much else to put when welcoming people, please state your advice on this. Anyway, thanks again! :)

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Okay, thanks and I'll take that advice on board and try and be more helpful. Is it okay me posting the same message to new members (Welcome to Freedom! I hope you enjoy your time here) or is that still classed as spam? I can't really think of much else to put when welcoming people, please state your advice on this. Anyway, thanks again! :)

These type of questions is what I like people to ask, some people may say they are "simple" questions but it is better to be safe and see what is allowed and what might be deemed spam.

Let's look at my set-up for introduce yourself creations:

Code:
Welcome [NAME] to the Freedom! Forums.

[MESSAGE]

[ADDITIONAL]

This is just a format template, you could start with your message at the beginning of the post, maybe @ tagging the thread creator?

MESSAGE: What I look for in the message section is a few sentences up to a paragraph relating to how the user introduced themselves. For example, if they talk about gaming, maybe include some games that you have heard/played before, try to intrigue conversations with the user.

Sometimes they can be a bit awkward, either just introducing their channel and not themselves.
For this, I sometimes look at their channel talking something about one of their features, either their thumbnails or their banner etc..

Basically, try to make your reply relate to what was said or what the person creates.

ADDITIONAL: This format is only used if they need to edit their post since they didn't follow the rules or maybe I tell them that their YouTube Sub Button is broken and they should fix it.

If someone does not introduce themselves and is asking for subs, just remind them with a quick "As this is the introduce yourself section, we would like you to introduce who you are, not your channel" - or something close.

This is because I don't want you to be classed as "Backseat moderating" by telling people they are breaking the rules and ordering them to edit their post.

Hope this helps, you may have seen some of my messages around the introduce yourself section so you can see my examples of what I mean in action.

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
These type of questions is what I like people to ask, some people may say they are "simple" questions but it is better to be safe and see what is allowed and what might be deemed spam.

Let's look at my set-up for introduce yourself creations:

Code:
Welcome [NAME] to the Freedom! Forums.

[MESSAGE]

[ADDITIONAL]

This is just a format template, you could start with your message at the beginning of the post, maybe @ tagging the thread creator?

MESSAGE: What I look for in the message section is a few sentences up to a paragraph relating to how the user introduced themselves. For example, if they talk about gaming, maybe include some games that you have heard/played before, try to intrigue conversations with the user.

Sometimes they can be a bit awkward, either just introducing their channel and not themselves.
For this, I sometimes look at their channel talking something about one of their features, either their thumbnails or their banner etc..

Basically, try to make your reply relate to what was said or what the person creates.

ADDITIONAL: This format is only used if they need to edit their post since they didn't follow the rules or maybe I tell them that their YouTube Sub Button is broken and they should fix it.

If someone does not introduce themselves and is asking for subs, just remind them with a quick "As this is the introduce yourself section, we would like you to introduce who you are, not your channel" - or something close.

This is because I don't want you to be classed as "Backseat moderating" by telling people they are breaking the rules and ordering them to edit their post.

Hope this helps, you may have seen some of my messages around the introduce yourself section so you can see my examples of what I mean in action.
Wow! Thanks so much!!! This is a very helpful resource, I think it'd be worth publishing this as a thread in the resources section to help other people out as well. Anyway, thanks again and I'm sure you'll see this in action sometime tomorrow as I've gotta go now, LOL. :) Bye!

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Wow! Thanks so much!!! This is a very helpful resource, I think it'd be worth publishing this as a thread in the resources section to help other people out as well. Anyway, thanks again and I'm sure you'll see this in action sometime tomorrow as I've gotta go now, LOL. :) Bye!

It could be a possibility, I will think about it and soon it might become a resource. Only time will tell.
Anyway, I am pretty sure I will see you around shortly, probably sending you some credits for hitting 1k fairly soon.
Cya dude!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You can nominate someone else, like I've done in the past, or just wait to see it. Nominating yourself won't work (I never tried it but was MOTM twice already xD) and asking people to nominate you will probably lower chances if you were to do it. Just be active and have fun while doing so. Just posting and replying just to get MotM honestly (and this is my opinion on it) won't help. Don't look at it as a must-Have, it's a small reward even though it does nothing.
It's not about how much you contribute as it is the impact that you have when you do.
I keep my likes rare but you got one man.

Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
You can nominate someone else, like I've done in the past, or just wait to see it. Nominating yourself won't work (I never tried it but was MOTM twice already xD) and asking people to nominate you will probably lower chances if you were to do it. Just be active and have fun while doing so. Just posting and replying just to get MotM honestly (and this is my opinion on it) won't help. Don't look at it as a must-Have, it's a small reward even though it does nothing.

I keep my likes rare but you got one man.
Thanks man!!! I really appreciate it! :)