Should i quit youtube?/I need help!

EnderCat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 7, 2016
I just wanted to post my story on here so I can get some opinions on what I should do.

My story :
I started in 2014 because I loved video games and I loved watching youtube so I thought I might as well try combining the two, I started making minecraft gaming videos, at my local library I used the computers and filming studio to make my videos , I did that for two years and yes there were ups and downs but my friends and the games I was playing always seemed to get me though all that. recently I moved, away from that library and my friends, I started looking at my options. I started contacting some company's, asking if they could send me product to review. one day a company called beboncool said yes and sent me a android gamepad. I kept contacting company's and after seeing that they cant always pay for shipping I got amazon prime. now that's going to run out and I'm now I'm because of my analytics stats I'm wondering if I'm even making a difference and questioning if I should quit youtube all together. and that's were my story is now.

WoahDusty

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2016
YouTube
Dude it's all good. You don't need to quit YouTube over this one thing. I don't receive much either, You'll Survive!
If you need ANYTHING Let me know.

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
you slowly grow so if its something you enjoy then keep at it.
i cant say that for myself because i last uploaded 10 months ago rip

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I don't think right in suggesting whether or not you should quit Youtube as really the choice is yours and yours alone. All that I will say is that it helps sometimes to think about why you started in the first place and whether or not it is still your dream / ambition to be a Youtuber. From what it sounds like to me you are having a bit of a mental crisis trying to work out mainly due to your analytics if you should continue. I always believe that if you enjoy what you do then you shouldn't worry about stats, you should do it for you. Of course if people like what your doing then thats a nice bonus but do it because you enjoy it and because you want to first and foremost.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
It's really up to you but don't quit. The main reason people quit is because they start YouTube thinking it's going to be easy and hey will grow to be massive but in truth, it's hard, it takes years to build up your channel and fan base. As for the product reviews. As a small channel you have little chance of getting companies to send you stuff and you shouldn't just go off and email random companies asking for products to review, buy products yourself, get them off a friend to review even review your own products that you already have to build up your reputation. Do what ou enjoy on YouTube because you will have more chance of making better videos since our putting the effort in. Do what you love, weather it's gaming or reviews. If you want free games go over to Keymailer.co and request some games or use the game giveaways section of freedom.

If you believe in yourself you can do almost anything, if you don't then your just going to be 'the guy'. Show people who's boss.
Best of luck

Steam Controller Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2016
YouTube
Like others have said, it's completely up to you, but don't let the current analytics get you down. My channel is still new, but I've already noticed that my views/subscribers go up and down a lot. Some videos I'll get 10 likes on for some reason, while another video that is practically the same gets none. A lot of it has to do with the time the video is posted, the tags, and luck, lol.

For reviewing products, check out Amazon Review Trader or Snagshout. They were sites that allowed members to receive products at a discount for a review, but Amazon recently disallowed "discount for review" reviews, so now the companies just offer discounted products in the hopes that you will like them and spread the word, the reviews are up to you.

You'll have to do some reviews and post them to Amazon before too many companies will pick you, but you can kill two birds with one stone if you make a video review because you can post it to Amazon to increase your reviews (and thus the likelihood of a seller offering you items at a discount) and post the video to Youtube as a way to show what you liked/didn't like etc...

Many people hate those review services, but especially now that reviews aren't necessary, if you give your 100% honest review I see nothing wrong with it.

Elliot Harris

New User
Apr 30, 2016
YouTube
hey man don't quit it all was gets better, whats getting you down now you will only laugh at in the future trust me. but really its up to you just don't let a few numbers get you down :)

feel free to contact me if you need to :)

Sharrazar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 12, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
sharrazar
You should do Youtube if you love it! I have fell in a pit and I couldn't get out of it for the longest time but that was because my PC died and took 6 months getting a new one. Never give up! I do Youtube because it's what gets me up in the morning and if that's how it is for you do not stop and I mean that. I recently got back and I am going out there and giving YouTube all I have :D a kick to the butt I say! aha.

LollipopSWAG21

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 6, 2016
YouTube
If you do Youtube because you enjoy, you should continue to make videos! For the numbers that go down, you can always find random people to look at your videos if you use good tags.

Bear Nation

New User
Oct 11, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Do what you love, but don't ever try to love what you do. If you are passionate about this, and you can honestly say to yourself that you are motivated to keep doing this because it's what you love, then you have your answer buddy. You shape the world around you, you make your own path, if that means you have to take a detour around some obstacles every now and again then so be it, if it's what you love, it'll all be worth it in the end. An astonishing 100% vote for no btw buddy, not only do we want you do do what you love, but im sure i speak for us all when i say we believe in you.