Sony Vegas Pan/Crop Tool...

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
Hi guys,

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this but can't find one which is making me think that this isn't possible but thought I'd ask just in case.

Regarding the pan/crop tool in Sony Vegas, is there a way to set up a chain for it the same way you can with effects? So for example, if I want to zoom in on a certain part of the footage and then afterwards shrink that same footage so it appears as a sort of thumbnail on screen. Is there a way to do that?

So far I've just been doing the zoom in and then having to render that small clip and then import said rendered clip so I can shrink it to thumbnail size. Which is fine but it can be a pain if I want to do that multiple times so just curious if there's a quicker and easier way of doing it.

Cheers.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
These are known as "keyframes".

Here are some steps to create what I believe you want.
  1. Cut out a section of footage.
  2. Activate pan/crop tool within that cut out footage.
  3. Use pan/crop tool to move to part you want to focus on both in time and space.
  4. Repeat for second time piece.
It is important to note that the pan/crop tool does have it's own timeline for editing and zooming at specific times and frames.

Darth_Tribal

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 16, 2014
YouTube
matt_wasteland
These are known as "keyframes".

Here are some steps to create what I believe you want.
  1. Cut out a section of footage.
  2. Activate pan/crop tool within that cut out footage.
  3. Use pan/crop tool to move to part you want to focus on both in time and space.
  4. Repeat for second time piece.
It is important to note that the pan/crop tool does have it's own timeline for editing and zooming at specific times and frames.
Thank you, but I'm afraid that's not what I'm after. I don't want it to change from one to the next in that clip. It needs to be at the same time.