YouTube Sorry Youtube, Your Rules Ain't Stopping Me!

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
So Youtube has decided to implement a brand new rule to content developers to be able to monetize content.

4000 hours of watch-time and 1000 subs.

I don't meet this requirement at all and they've provided a 30 day notice so channel can try and meet that requirement within that time line, which I know I cannot. Now I'm not saying that Youtube is making a bad call here, because their not. As a company who's main funding is based off advertisers, I can understand why they've decided to heighten the standard for making money off their platform and to filter out those channels that don't meet their ad friendly rule.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about this, and even saying that their channel is now dead and they won't do it anymore. In my opinion, those people were in it for the wrong reasons. Even though I was making peanuts when it came to content, my main influence is my viewers and finding out that the content I provide helped put a smile on their faces. I will continue to bring forth content for all of you, because not only do I believe that HPH can become something bigger and better, but I know that one day we as a community
will spread healing, laughter and enjoyment around the world, and that's my goal.

Youtube, bring on the sanctions, the rules, the new regulations. Cause you ain't gonna stop that healing my friends. OHHH HELL NO!!!

Last edited:

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Agreed, I've been working for peanuts for two full years now. But I'll keep uploading and growing until I reach the new threshold. It won't be that easy to get rid of me, YouTube!
GOOD!
I seen those complaining that they can't make money, and put no care into their channels. It's a product. It's YOUR product. Just like all successful things in this world it takes time and commitment.

Reactions: Mike Newman

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I was more angered with loosing the freedom partner side and being targeted by youtube for the umpteenth time but I am still gonna make a video friday and try to make one video a week
Losing my connection with Freedom will suck to be honest, just losing the resources, depending on what Freedom does cause we have yet to find out what their plan of action is. But if you're passionate at the content and your community this shouldn't stop you. Happy to hear you're gonna keep making that content.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
The money side doesn't bother me, as I hardly earn anything anyway, as mentioned above by rigathor the main thing thats annoying me is how this effects partnerships such as Freedom, and how it seems to be one thing after another with YouTube now

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
The money side doesn't bother me, as I hardly earn anything anyway, as mentioned above by rigathor the main thing thats annoying me is how this effects partnerships such as Freedom, and how it seems to be one thing after another with YouTube now
I think for Youtube, it's trying to find a center for their content developers and advertisers. As a multinational company I see the corner their put in. And yes it does suck for us smaller channels that may unfortunately lose the resources we've come to enjoy

Cattigan619

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2017
Ireland
YouTube
Cattigan619
You and me both, I see this as a hobby more than anything. I don't care about not being monetized. I'm just gonna do what i like doing, and if people are interested and watch my content, great. It's not gonna make me end up begging for subs and views.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
@HealPleaseHeal You know what I have come across your videos a few times while working for Freedom! And have enjoyed them but never subscribed. Your positivity and outlook in this thread has bumped you to the top of my mind again and your words resonate so ill be subscribing as of today and keeping an eye on you, you've got the right attitude :) (This is all my view not speaking as a Freedom! employee)

As for Freedom! Partnership I can say as a leadership team we are looking at ways to still work with all of you and to try and keep as many resources available as possible to the Freedom! Family "Partner" or nonpartner we are not going to abandon you we are still a family. What this looks like we are still trying to figure that out we have a few different options we are exploring and as soon as we have come to a decision, you'll know it.

What are the resources most important to you guys? What would you hate to lose most? If you can give me an idea of this and how you use it we can as a management team look at that and try to find ways to make the most crucial resources still available to you.

Thanks,
Stefan

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
if I'm honest I have to say I'm very happy that this is gonna stop sooo many channels because them that stay thru this will be the ones to grow in the end :) and anyway youtube is there to have fun and provide entertainment, we have all had a free ride for far too long and I have to agree with pretty much everyone else here I am also mostly bothered by losing my freedom partnership

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
You and me both, I see this as a hobby more than anything. I don't care about not being monetized. I'm just gonna do what i like doing, and if people are interested and watch my content, great. It's not gonna make me end up begging for subs and views.
Love that! And the feeling behind it is that you want to develop as a brand.[DOUBLEPOST=1516286739][/DOUBLEPOST]
This thread has so much positivity! Well said Heal. This is the time that we as a community and individuals prove we have what it takes. I shall continue to upload and enjoy myself like i was before!
That's my main point. If you want to develop a brand, it takes work and dedication. Happy to hear you found positivity in this. Thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1516286858][/DOUBLEPOST]
@HealPleaseHeal You know what I have come across your videos a few times while working for Freedom! And have enjoyed them but never subscribed. Your positivity and outlook in this thread has bumped you to the top of my mind again and your words resonate so ill be subscribing as of today and keeping an eye on you, you've got the right attitude :) (This is all my view not speaking as a Freedom! employee)

As for Freedom! Partnership I can say as a leadership team we are looking at ways to still work with all of you and to try and keep as many resources available as possible to the Freedom! Family "Partner" or nonpartner we are not going to abandon you we are still a family. What this looks like we are still trying to figure that out we have a few different options we are exploring and as soon as we have come to a decision, you'll know it.

What are the resources most important to you guys? What would you hate to lose most? If you can give me an idea of this and how you use it we can as a management team look at that and try to find ways to make the most crucial resources still available to you.

Thanks,
Stefan
I am humbled by your words. Thank you and thank you for reaching out to those who are concerned about losing their partnership. For me, the one resource I don't want to lose is Epidemic Music. I use them a lot and frankly have been a great resource. Not to mention the forums, but I don't think this we're gonna be kicked out of the forums considering anyone can join. I'm happy to deliver a positive message to all those concerned about this. I also even made a video on this IF you guys wanted to check it out telling people that this isn't the end of the world and that make this a goal you WANT to achieve.[DOUBLEPOST=1516286898][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's one huge limit
Ya.... i realized that in the end. It's been changed. LOL 1000K is a million. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: LW and Mike Newman

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
I've heard a lot of people complaining about this, and even saying that their channel is now dead and they won't do it anymore. In my opinion, those people were in it for the wrong reasons.
Money is not the only thing that comes with this. With monetization, you could join a network, which can provide support for your channel. I was just 900 views away from being able to join Freedom or some other network, but now I need 800 more subscribers! Right now I only have 210 after 4 years, so getting to 1,000 will take forever. And those 4,000 hours oh boy. I only have 200 after those 4 years!

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Money is not the only thing that comes with this. With monetization, you could join a network, which can provide support for your channel. I was just 900 views away from being able to join Freedom or some other network, but now I need 800 more subscribers! Right now I only have 210 after 4 years, so getting to 1,000 will take forever. And those 4,000 hours oh boy. I only have 200 after those 4 years!
I understand the frustration in that I do. Considering now I'll also be effected and split from the network myself considering this new rule (assuming). But my message is that as a brand you want to continue to work on your product to be able to hit this new milestone. Dedication is what builds something, and even though this may be a kick in the pants utilize this as motivation. There's work around's to getting music and thumbnails without having to be apart of a network. It's more work, but doable. And even these forums help in many ways. I can't speak on behalf of Freedom, but if these forums were open to creators, that would be helpful.