Upload to Youtube feature broken in Sony Vegas, heres the fix

Hey guys i recently brought sony vegas simply for its ease of use and the feature of being able to render and upload all at the same time! (Huge time saver) however when ever i tried to use this feature it always failed to log into my account.

One of the fixes that i had found is lowering the security for lower apps, didnt work.

Turns out in order to use this feature you cannot have 2-step authentication enabled, it must be disabled, so i recommend if you're going to use the feature use a password manager/generator and make a very secure password for you google/gmail/youtube account.

Yep it was really that simple

Yolimoks

Rising User
Sep 20, 2016
YouTube
I don't recommend uploading videos using Vegas...
I recommend Rendering (Vegas) ► Convert your video then Upload (y) (Y)

F! Ronaldo

Partner Manager
Staff Member
Jun 2, 2016
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Turns out in order to use this feature you cannot have 2-step authentication enabled, it must be disabled, so i recommend if you're going to use the feature use a password manager/generator and make a very secure password for you google/gmail/youtube account

Appreciate the suggestion, but the risk outweighs the benefits. There's a lot of hacking going on so IMHO it is too risky for me.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
You shouldn't use the built in uploaders anyway. It's always best to render out and then go through an encoding tool such as handbrake to ensure the best encoding for YouTube.
I'd reccomend you turn back on 2 factor authentication.
It's also slower to upload via the application sometimes since your making all the API calls.