What's an average, expected subscriber growth for someone who is working on growing their channel?

Iced Over

Rising User
Jun 10, 2016
YouTube
Hello, my channel is around 12 days old today and I have 37 subscribers. How does this compare to the average channel's expected subscriber growth rate? Is my channel doing well? Is my channel not reaching its maximum potential in terms of growth? Let me know! Thanks!

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Your channel is doing real good. Keep up the great work. Just note that subscribers aren't necessarily better. You should be aiming to get more views as a smaller channel.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
That is incredible growth. I have been doing YouTube for almost a year now and have less than 30.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I took about a year (January 2013 to January 2014) to reach my first 100. It should be slow and steady for most people.

Last edited:

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
It's taken me nearly 4 months to hit 36 subs, I got a loads one month and then it slowed down again.

You might find you get loads one week and only a few for the rest of the month.

But that is some good going to get 37 in 12 days.

iDuskk

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 9, 2016
YouTube
Thats pretty solid as long as you actually earned those subs. It's important to remember Quality > Quantity when you are starting out. Its better to have 2 subscribers who watch and comment on all your content, then 100 subscribers who just subbed for subbed.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
That's pretty good growth, and for good reason too. I've checked out 2 of your recent videos. Good stuff, especially Defrosted. And in the description you mentioned that if the original owners of the track have issues with you using their track, you will delete it within 24 hours, and same for images you are using in the videos. I would say that's very professional. I think your channel will continue to grow.
Best of luck.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Hello, my channel is around 12 days old today and I have 37 subscribers. How does this compare to the average channel's expected subscriber growth rate? Is my channel doing well? Is my channel not reaching its maximum potential in terms of growth? Let me know! Thanks!
It really depends on many things. I don't think anyone can really answer that without someone youtube stats to back it up. Maybe socialblade could fill you in on where you stand growth-wise.

G

Gods of Odds

I've been doing YouTube for 5 weeks and I have 123 subscribers.