What's Your Profession?

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
What do you do in real life?

If you're a student, you're more than welcomed to say "student" as your profession!
I'm just curious to know what the rest of the community does to make their ends meet. :)

Me: Freelance graphic designer

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

ViphyleanGaming

Rising User
Mar 24, 2016
YouTube
Currently I am a Liquor store worker, I do the whole business, I'm no longer just the stock boy. I'm preparing to take over the business, but I always wanted to do Youtuber, it is my dream. So Youtube really is my profession.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

If you're a student, you're more than welcomed to say "student" as your profession!
I'm just curious to know what the rest of the community does to make their ends meet. :)

I work at a company that specializes in drilling wells for people. They have a fantastic operation, and I'm glad that I have a job there currently ^^

SluiceGoose

Rising User
Mar 31, 2016
Washington
YouTube
Hospital Security here.

Its quite a bit different that what most people think when they think "security guard". Most people think of the guys walking around the mall. To even be considered for our team, you either have to be prior military or prior law enforcement. Healthcare workers are 7x's more likely to be assaulted than a correctional officer.

In my area we have 8 different law enforcement agencies, 2 jails and prison that drop their trash off on our back door. To drunk....no jail for you. To high.....no jail for you. To crazy......no jail for you. So they drop them off to us. Not to mention a county that is in the middle of a meth and heroin epidemic. We all have to wear Level IIIA body armor, 2 sets of hand cuffs, a pepper spray that makes law enforcement spray look like a tic tac, radios, etc. The only difference between my duty belt and a cops is, he has a gun and a tazer. We only get our 2 hands. State medicare laws wont allow us to tase a patient (thats why we dont have them and the gun part....well this state is stupid. IMO we should be armed), so if it goes fist to cuff, its a brawl. Our department handled 22,000 calls for service last year.

But it also comes with a lot of helping people. Very confused people, especially the elderly. Little old lady cant remember where she parked. We pick her up and drive her around to locate the car (its a big place). And you have to be able to go from one room where you just tuned a guy up and restrained him to a bed and now you have to go be sweet to the little old man that needs assistance out of the facility. LOTS of Jeckyl and Hyde.

All in all its a great gig, I get to see things you would not believe, crazy stuff. I get to be involved in major incidents that are in national news and see it up close and personal. And you havent lived life until you have had to chase and tackle a naked, crazy fat lady thats screaming down the ED hallways. LOL!

I have front row seats to the greatest show on earth.

-Goose

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Currently I am a Liquor store worker, I do the whole business, I'm no longer just the stock boy. I'm preparing to take over the business, but I always wanted to do Youtuber, it is my dream. So Youtube really is my profession.
Taking over a business is pretty nice! You can always make it your passive income if you can get a manager to look over it. :3 Just rack in the dough.

I drive machinery... and load and unload cargo / container ships.

I drive, bombcarts, lift trucks, reach stackers, empty handlers, top picks, and rubber tired gantry cranes.
Oh man, you should get cams set up all around the area and just film yourself driving different vehicles. XD That would be cool!

I work at a company that specializes in drilling wells for people. They have a fantastic operation, and I'm glad that I have a job there currently ^^
Nice! What do you do there?

Hospital Security here./QUOTE]
I can't believe you're not allowed to carry any firearms! That's pretty ridiculous. Anyone who has to work with dangerous people should have the rights to carry it. I know police / cops / law enforcement have a bad rep with just shooting people as they please (which isn't true) but it's not like you guys are going to do just that. It's more for the self-defense and taking care of those who do need to be in the hospital.

But that's still a pretty interesting gig though! At least you'll always have a story going back home.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Student... been a student for way too long -_-

Hospital Security here.

Its quite a bit different that what most people think when they think "security guard". Most people think of the guys walking around the mall. To even be considered for our team, you either have to be prior military or prior law enforcement. Healthcare workers are 7x's more likely to be assaulted than a correctional officer.

In my area we have 8 different law enforcement agencies, 2 jails and prison that drop their trash off on our back door. To drunk....no jail for you. To high.....no jail for you. To crazy......no jail for you. So they drop them off to us. Not to mention a county that is in the middle of a meth and heroin epidemic. We all have to wear Level IIIA body armor, 2 sets of hand cuffs, a pepper spray that makes law enforcement spray look like a tic tac, radios, etc. The only difference between my duty belt and a cops is, he has a gun and a tazer. We only get our 2 hands. State medicare laws wont allow us to tase a patient (thats why we dont have them and the gun part....well this state is stupid. IMO we should be armed), so if it goes fist to cuff, its a brawl. Our department handled 22,000 calls for service last year.

But it also comes with a lot of helping people. Very confused people, especially the elderly. Little old lady cant remember where she parked. We pick her up and drive her around to locate the car (its a big place). And you have to be able to go from one room where you just tuned a guy up and restrained him to a bed and now you have to go be sweet to the little old man that needs assistance out of the facility. LOTS of Jeckyl and Hyde.

All in all its a great gig, I get to see things you would not believe, crazy stuff. I get to be involved in major incidents that are in national news and see it up close and personal. And you havent lived life until you have had to chase and tackle a naked, crazy fat lady thats screaming down the ED hallways. LOL!

I have front row seats to the greatest show on earth.

-Goose

Glad to hear you also spend a lot of time helping people out, sounds like an interesting job

Reactions: Enmoshin

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Oh man, you should get cams set up all around the area and just film yourself driving different vehicles. XD That would be cool!
Yeah haha, ive done that a couple times... got a few videos on my channel of my work. I dont do it all the time though cause of other peoples privacy and to be honest Im really not even sure if i was allowed to post videos of my work... lol Port Security and all...

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Yeah haha, ive done that a couple times... got a few videos on my channel of my work. I dont do it all the time though cause of other peoples privacy and to be honest Im really not even sure if i was allowed to post videos of my work... lol Port Security and all...
PSH, you're your own man! You do what you want! Haha, but yeah, don't lose your work over it! XD

Student, studying Actuarial Studies and I'm currently in my mid years.....yey XD
:eek: What's actuarial studies?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Taking over a business is pretty nice! You can always make it your passive income if you can get a manager to look over it. :3 Just rack in the dough.

Nice! What do you do there?
I manage a lot of the vehicles there, to make sure they're safe to take out to the job sites. A lot of people take really bad care of their car, and I make sure that they have a nice experience going there for weeks at a time. Apparently the people that go out on the field leave for extended periods, and they work very often in rotating shifts. Once you can work overtime, you're basically in it to work a lot of hours. If I decide to go that route, it's extremely taxing on the body, but it can be worth the money compensation ^^

LuxrayBeats

Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2016
YouTube

I am a student but I work a lot on my music and piblish every week a beat on youtube and have to do this all by myslefs so it takes lot more time than my studies ;)

Reactions: Enmoshin

Animal Corpse

Rising User
Feb 16, 2016
YouTube
I work with the Portuguese Red Cross on Management and Logistics , it is interesting and it takes a lot of responsability but it ain't that boring as it seems for most of the people , i've started one month ago and i am planning to buy my next camera and a bunch of other tools for my YT channel as soon as possible. The only bad thing about my job is that is the fact that i'm working in Portugal and the schedule here sucks so bad , it changes every week and i must work 40 hours ( minimum ) and somedays i get out at 1 or 2 am. At Fridays it becomes really dangerous as i work in the center of Lisbon , wich becomes crowed with criminals and drunk people everywhere...but hey...i get paid

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I manage a lot of the vehicles there, to make sure they're safe to take out to the job sites. A lot of people take really bad care of their car, and I make sure that they have a nice experience going there for weeks at a time. Apparently the people that go out on the field leave for extended periods, and they work very often in rotating shifts. Once you can work overtime, you're basically in it to work a lot of hours. If I decide to go that route, it's extremely taxing on the body, but it can be worth the money compensation ^^
I'm one of those people who are bad at taking care of their cars. >>

I work with the Portuguese Red Cross on Management and Logistics , it is interesting and it takes a lot of responsability but it ain't that boring as it seems for most of the people , i've started one month ago and i am planning to buy my next camera and a bunch of other tools for my YT channel as soon as possible. The only bad thing about my job is that is the fact that i'm working in Portugal and the schedule here sucks so bad , it changes every week and i must work 40 hours ( minimum ) and somedays i get out at 1 or 2 am. At Fridays it becomes really dangerous as i work in the center of Lisbon , wich becomes crowed with criminals and drunk people everywhere...but hey...i get paid
Usually full time jobs, you gotta work 40 hours a week (at minimum) with no overtime pays. I've had those jobs and it sucked. :( Just wanna go home and stretch you legs, and relax. What do you do specifically where you have to deal with criminals and drunk people?