Why is sub4sub still a thing?

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I don't know either. I can't really say anything else :p I think it's because it brings your sub count higher, that's it. It's for small, naive channels that care about numbers, quantity over quality. It's useless anyway and inexcusable in my opinion.

Surly though it's more depressing to have hundreds of subs and no views.

I guess the guys who do it, sell the idea pretty hard.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I think most people learn it from others that do it to them, and often it's young Youtubers that have just started and don't know any better. If 1 person asks 100 others to sub4sub there is a good chance that 5-10 will then do the same and it just grows from there.

If that's what they think the culture of Youtube is they must be very disappointed with their channels.

G

Gods of Odds

It's people who are very stupid or who that maybe don't really know why it is bad for some reason.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Everything I have read, watched and mentally digest has said sub4sub is a Youtube disease.

So why are so many channels exposing themselves to it?

No one seems to be getting famous off it, what's the appeal?

People are uninformed. And there are a lot of uninformed people out there.

I had a real conversation about this with one of my friends actually. They don't do youtube stuff so they asked me why I don't do that and I told them why and they were confused.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
People are uninformed. And there are a lot of uninformed people out there.

I had a real conversation about this with one of my friends actually. They don't do youtube stuff so they asked me why I don't do that and I told them why and they were confused.

I can get why people when starting out don't understand, I didn't at first but all the resources tell you it's a bad thing to do.

I'm not sure they have an excuse.