YouTube - Subs/Views ratio

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Hello guys!

I would like to ask you what do you guys think about subs and views per month on YouTube. Do you think that we can mentally get a ratio from them? If yes, what ratio is "positive" and "negative" if we can call things like that?
I'm asking this because everyone is worried and aware of their subs count, but it seems that no one really knows what views per month means to their channel, and I think this could be a good point to talk about.

Hope this can be a healthy discussion.

Cheers,
João

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
There are multiple ways to look at this.

You could go by your total subscribers to total views as a ratio, which is an entirely valid way to look at it.
Alternatively, you could look at total subscribers vs. subscriber views per video, which gives a better idea of what your true subscriber retention is like.
To display it as a ratio, put the subscribers first and views second. These total to this return (x:y) ratio.

A good Subscriber:confused:ub view ratio is 5:1 a really good one is 3:1.
However, the views are pointless without the watch time to back them up. So keep an eye on the separation of average view times between subscribed and not-subscribed. I like it when it is a good 30% greater than the average.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think around 10:1 is fairly standard and you will see that with most of the larger channels too. Don't get too caught up if you see the majority of your subscribers not watching. There are a lot of different reasons people subscribe, I don't get time to watch all the content from channels that I'm subscribed to either.

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Great answers. I'm very thankful for your opinion. I'll be watching my stats from now on, with much more attention and with an open mind about them.
Right now, I'm having between 25 views per video on very "bad situations" and 80 views per video on "great episodes" for a total of 60 subscribers. I believe that I'm on the average, so I'm happy with it. :)

Thank you once more, guys!!

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
It looks like i have a 7:1 ratio..... I think? 90 Subscribers Divided By 127,686 Views if I am right on the calculation.

Other way around I believe because that comes out to 0.0007 which would be impossible. We're trying to figure out how many views you get for each subscriber you have so you divide 127,686 by 90 So (127,686:90) you get 1418.73333 views for each subscriber you get or 1418:1

Reactions: Oblivifrek

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
People have started reading this thr wrong way round. It is not total views on channel by subs it is per one video to subs I believe. So for each video Pewdipie gets around 1-5 million views and has over 40 million subs. That at best is 8 subs to 1 view. And he is the king of Youtube.

Shanavenom

Rising User
Feb 18, 2016
Belgium
shanavenom.blogspot.be
YouTube
Great answers. I'm very thankful for your opinion. I'll be watching my stats from now on, with much more attention and with an open mind about them.
Right now, I'm having between 25 views per video on very "bad situations" and 80 views per video on "great episodes" for a total of 60 subscribers. I believe that I'm on the average, so I'm happy with it. :)

Thank you once more, guys!!

That's great :D
I wish I had those kind of numbers going on. I don't even want to watch the stats because i'm going to get depressed but I have just only started so maybe in a few months...