Where to promote your channel or videos ?

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
Hey !

So i have always wanted to know good places to promote your channel or videos :) So if you know any good places let me know :) !

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Nowhere is the best place. While it could be argued that posting on subreddits and forums are a good way to "get more exposure", you're often left with views and subscriptions from people who are not a part of your intended audience, and thus will never return.

YouTube is the home of where you work, so knowing how to properly optimize your videos for search is the best way to get more proper exposure from your intended audience.

J57F

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 23, 2016
East Coast US
YouTube
Find people that would enjoy your content, I make Grand Theft Auto V videos, so I post an interesting part of it as a gif to gta related subreddits. Then link the full video in the comments. This is how I and some others do it as a way to put their content out there. From my experience people on reddit tend to click on gifs more than videos. If the person enjoyed the gif then they might want to watch more of what happened, so when they look in the comments they will be able to find your full video. I hope this can help you be able to grow your channel.

Find people that would enjoy your content, I make Grand Theft Auto V videos, so I post an interesting part of it as a gif to gta related subreddits. Then link the full video in the comments. This is how I and some others do it as a way to put their content out there. From my experience people on reddit tend to click on gifs more than videos. If the person enjoyed the gif then they might want to watch more of what happened, so when they look in the comments they will be able to find your full video. I hope this can help you be able to grow your channel.
That's a really good idea :eek:

I've found that using Twitter is a good way to let people know about your videos, at least to some extent x'D
Tho if you play with people who you met thru/also have a twitter, then that gives them a chance to spread the word too c: